Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing ideas between Product Discovery boards

Stefanie Ramsay August 8, 2024

We have teams with individual Discovery Boards, but with Ideas that are shared across teams - e.g., multiple teams are collaborating on the same project. Is it possible to sync these ideas across boards so that when an update is made to an Idea on one discovery board, it is also made across other boards? I understand linking Ideas between boards, but just linking still requires manual updates to fields like Status.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2024

You want "Cross-project Views". That's a feature in the Premium version of JPD which is currently in early access: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery/premium.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2024

Hi @Stefanie Ramsay ,

As @Gary Spross mentioned, the Premium plan will offer a Roadmaps (Cross-Project Views) feature which might meet your use case! With this you can share ideas among all your projects' views, and may be able to edit them too within each project (but I will need to confirm this from my end).

You could also consider using automations to sync the ideas between projects as well, but this would most likely require a decent amount of configuration - especially if you want all fields to map.

If you are to test through automations, it might make sense to configure JPD global fields among your projects to more easily sync fields. Otherwise you may need to map to each project's custom fields ID during certain parts of the automations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events