Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product discovery and Service desk integration

Kevin Gérard March 17, 2022

Hi, 

an important part of using an idea management tool is to elaborate it closely to our customers. 

Currently we're using the jira service desk as our main platform for customer incidents & feature requests. We were wondering what the plans are concerning including the idea management (views) into the service desk portals. 

Customers with us cannot otherwise see the ideas views, even when shared. unless we sent the link manually. 

5 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
dcoustas December 14, 2022

Tickets from Service desk could be simply a type of insight. I think it would be very helpful and beautifully integrate the two.

1 vote
Karina Caverly February 16, 2024

Hello, reviving an old thread! I am wondering if this issue has progressed - specifically curious about the workflow/mechanisms to take a portal-submitted idea through Jira Service Management and add it as new idea in a Jira Product Discovery list (not as an insight to an already-existing idea, but rather as an idea unto itself).

Thanks for the advice in advance!

1 vote
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2022

Hi @Kevin Gérard , as @Sarah Stenhouse mentioned we're looking into the jobs of "sharing plans and collecting feedback" to try and see how we should tackle that. 

Would you be open to a 30min chat to talk about your use case? I'd love to understand more how you currently use Jira Service Desk for incidents and feature requests - and how you plan to use Jira Product Discovery as part of that.

Here's a link to book time: https://calendly.com/tcrusson/30min-1

Thanks!

Tanguy

Kevin Gérard April 8, 2022

Hi @Tanguy Crusson 

I'm lacking the time right now to organize this ;) plus we're in full migration mode , with the service desk comming in a few months time. 

This tool might be a game changer for us, so we are looking to how we want to use it and where it would fit in our solution. 

Basically we use our customer service desk to get incidents, problems and support. But our customers can also log 'suggestion'. 
The problem is right now we have multiple hundreds of these 'suggestions' open and customers have 0 overview of what has already been asked. 

The idea now is to use the project itself internally, but to share views with customers, one option being via the service desk portal.

The problem with the currently active share functionallity, is that you basically just copy the page URL, with a potential full-screen querystring. I Did see somethings in your earlier demos where you had the option to share the view externally. 

One idea i'm playing with is to offer a Confluence page, containing an iFrame where i will add this view. but it's important that people outside of the company can see, search and interact with the ideas. (and potentially create) 

to give you a bit more overview, the 'old' flow is 

Customer SD -> PO project for product management -> Software projects

i think in our future setup Product Discovery is a much better fit and will replace the PO section. 

Hope this helps!

i'm certainly willing to schedule the call when i've got a bit more time available

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Thank you @Kevin Gérard , we really appreciate the detailed feedback!

Like Kevin Gérard likes this
1 vote
Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2022

Hey @Kevin Gérard 

Thanks for sharing this use case with us. We don't have anything in our short terms plans that I can see but it is certainly something we intend to do. Keep an eye on the community if we decide to prioritise one of the team will normally share a post. 

Thanks,

Sarah

Kevin Gérard March 18, 2022

Hi Sarah, 

thanks for your answer, i'll keep an eye out on the community. 

in meantime, is there a product roadmap we can follow concerning the development of the Product Discovery? 

it'd be grant to have an idea on what's comming 

Like Shawn Giese likes this
Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2022

Hey @Kevin Gérard 

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, we do not have plans to share the roadmap at the moment, however, it is something we plan to make public in the future. Sorry, I can't be more helpful.

Thanks,

Sarah 

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Kevin Gérard ,

As an option, I would advise trying the Customer Case for Jira and creating a public portal for collecting feedback from customers (or from employees) for Jira Product Discovery project. Every idea created on the portal goes automatically into it. You can also create a private feedback portal with email domain or specific email restrictions. We're on the way to implementing the same functionality as in other projects that Customer Case forums can be mapped to (Work Management, JSM, Software). 

Shawn Giese January 8, 2024

Any update on these additions? Would also like to simplify the interface for people to search and submit ideas. 

Like Natalie Henning likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events