Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Product Discovery Zendesk Integration

Rohan Parakh December 7, 2023

What's the best way to have JIRA Product Discovery Ideas created from Zendesk and have a linkage between Jira Idea issue and zendesk ticket.
Insights is great, but our customers use zendesk to send in feedback/requests and we'd like to create a Jira product Discovery Idea from that zendesk ticket or link and existing idea with the zendesk ticket. With an ability to see linked idea on Jira and linked zendesk ticket on idea. We would also want some zendesk attributes to be mapped to jira fields, labels. As many of these data points would contribute to prioritization numbers we would build in JPD

The jira non JPD allows all of that. Not sure why JPD is limited

The insight workflow is great but it has two problems:

1. The workflow of adding a zendesk insight to a jira idea has to happen outside of zendesk. Either vai plugin or idea itself. It add friction, especially when the bug type zendesk tickets are created as a jira bug directly from zendesk
  2. Even if we do step 1, the Idea does not show up as a linkedin Jira on zendesk. The linkage is important because that's how our customers would track the progress.

Any solutions, workaround and even roadmap details will be helpful. 

2 answers

1 vote
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2023

Hi @Rohan Parakh thanks for sharing this feedback with us. Jira Product Discovery doesn't have a native Zendesk integration, and we haven't invested in this area because few integrations have reached the critical mass to justify building a full solution. We've previously built integrations for Salesforce, but they haven't been used very much. I've recorded your feedback for our future reference, thanks!

Vijayan Rajasekaran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2024

I do believe there is mass requirement for this as I am aware of Jira Product discovery being used across Engineering orgs and if we don't have a SM tool that supports this, then we are losing out on the critical mass.

Rohan Parakh May 30, 2024

@Rohan Swami is this under consideration now?

Lior Snider
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 16, 2024

I agree - @Rohan Swami - As today we are linking the Zendesk to Epics we really need to be able to do the same with ideas. 

As our users open FRs in Zendesk we would like be able to use the ZD to fill the details in an idea so we can then push it down the workflow, and not as an insight. 

0 votes
Marina Rambo December 7, 2023

I did this using a two board submission system and automation. 

We use both the built in web form and the Zendesk connector to submit to the JWM Submission board and leverage the automation to keep them linked together.  You can also have automation update the status of the Submission board ticket, based on what users do to the Product Idea ticket in the JPD board.

The first board is a Jira Workflow Management Board - with individual fields for things like User Type, Product, Product Area, Affected Customer Segment, Description of idea, etc.  When a new idea is created in the JWM Submission board it either creates a new JPD Idea ticket and links it to the creating ticket or links to an existing ticket in JPD based on user input.   Some of the user input is used to set values of individual fields, and others are combined into a single description.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events