Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL finding archived ideas

Seth Mason April 11, 2023

If I have an idea (X) that is in a "To Do" statuscategory and then merge it into another idea (Y), which automatically archives X.  If I search for all ideas which have a statuscategory of "To Do", the results include this archived issue (X).  This seems like a bug as i thought JQL can't find archived issues.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi Seth,

If you look into the ideas in the Archived tab and you will find their statuses are the same as those before you archive them. I mean archving is not related to status or statuscategory.

Thanks,

Yong

Seth Mason April 12, 2023

So do I need to change the status and then archive the idea so that searches do not find it later? I thought archived tickets were, by default, hidden from search.

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2023

Hi Seth, 

Using Jira Product Discovery only functionalities, and not through the global Jira search, you can create a new list view and add a filter : Status = To do 
Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 15.18.24.png

That is the way we recommend you to use to find all ideas in a specific status without including archived ideas.

If you want to look for archived ideas, you can Click on the "Archive" tab in the left panel

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 15.20.14.png

Now, if you want to use the global Jira JQL search, maybe to create a global filter, you can simply add at the end of your query:

AND Idea Archived is EMPTY

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 15.23.42.png
It is not a bug from JQL, the concept of archived ideas isn't yet GA in other jira products (the beta has started two weeks ago), and the way it works right now, it's basically a field, that is set on empty (not archived) or YES (archived). What's automatically removed from JQL are ideas that are part of an archived project, which is technically handled a bit differently :)

I hope it helps! 

Hermance

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events