Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD export to csv date content always 'early'

Nathan Harold August 12, 2024

When I export to .csv from any view in Jira Product Discovery, the output csv file will contain Project start and Project Target dates that are 1 day or 1 month early. 

Example - if my target date in JPD is Sep 6, 2024, the .csv export will contain a Project Target column with Sep 5, 2024 for that entry.  Similarly, an Oct, 2024 date will be exported to .csv as Sep, 2024.

Exports to jpg preserve all the correct JPD data.  

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2024

mmh, I wonder if it's an issue with timezones. Let me check with the team. Thanks for raising this!

Nathan Harold September 3, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson It works! 

I tried .csv download and exported dates match what I see in JPD.  Thanks for the bug fix.  

Like # people like this
0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2024

@Nathan Harold Thanks for reporting this! It was a bug, and we've fixed it - the fix should be in production in the next few days. 

Nathan Harold August 23, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson Thanks for elevating in your backlog & getting a fix!  I'll try a .csv export again in next few days.  

BTW - the only reason I'm exporting is because the UI for Timeline view in JPD doesn't engage any of my crew.  All the info is there but nobody 'gets it'.  So I export to csv and then get it into ppt.  I'd prefer to use JPD native Timeline capability...

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2024

Thanks for the feedback @Nathan Harold - would you mind sharing by email your timeline view and the PPT? So we can see what works in terms of visuals for your team? tcrusson@atlassian.com (no worries if not)

Thanks! 

Nathan Harold August 26, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson I sent you an email with a screenshot of the ppt visual I use.  

Like # people like this
0 votes
Carlos Fabara
Atlassian Team
August 13, 2024

Hi @Nathan Harold thanks for reaching out. I have a few of questions:

• Are you using autofill dates? Coming from atlas or delivery tickets, etc.
  • Can you provide us with your timezone?
  • Which browser are you using?

Thanks.

Nathan Harold August 14, 2024

@Carlos Fabara 

1. I'm entering dates into the Project Start and Project Target fields by selecting from the drop down (attached example snapshot)
2. Time zone in Redwood Shores, Redwood City, CA (GMT-7)
3. Chrome Version 127.0.6533.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

project start or target.jpg

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2024

Okay, we haven't been able to reproduce, we'll need access to your site to investigate. Would you mind creating a support ticket? (in JPD > left sidebar > give feedback > get help from the support team). You can add a link to this community post for the details, telling them that the JPD team asked if they could get access to the site to investigate your problem. Thanks!

Nathan Harold August 16, 2024

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson . I created the JPD support ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events