Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD - Separate a list between quarters?

Simon Rimbert July 23, 2024

Hello,

I'm using the timeline view (so with the Project Start and the Project Target fields, so that it works) but that means that for the same project, in a list view, I can't group ideas by quarter? That's a pain. Would anybody have a workaround?

Thanks a mil'

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2024

Hi @Simon Rimbert ,

You could create a custom single-select field that represents each quarter, then use this field to group / filter by in the timeline view. Might look something like this:

quarter1.jpeg

Simon Rimbert July 23, 2024

Hi @Nick H thanks, but I don't think that works. I forgot to mention what I mean is for the list view, sorry.

What I'm trying to do is the have quarters be what groups a List view, not a timeline view. But right now, when I go to a list, I can't select Project Start under Group by.

I thought about creating a custom field with an entry per quarter but then it means it's the timeline view that I can no longer use, since it relies on dates/months rather than a custom single or multiselect field.

It seems like one can't have both a timeline view and a list view organized by quarters... But that's a pain because our PMs all use list views (because of the many fields visible) per quarter (to stay organize) but other stakeholders at our company (+ some PMs) need the Timeline view, which is much clearer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events