Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to search insights? If so, how?

Miriam Donath April 21, 2023

Is it possible to search insights? If so, how? When I search ideas/issues, does that include text within insights? I can't even seem to get the insights field to display when I get idea/issue search results. Where is it hiding?

5 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

@Miriam Donath it's not hiding anywhere yet, we haven't added this yet 🙂 But it's something we know we have to get to!

Ylan Muller October 3, 2023

Is this something that the team is still considering? It's been several months and it doesn't look like this is possible yet. Our use case is that we need people to be able to search for which customers have requested which ideas, and we are using insights to capture those requests. 

Like • # people like this
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2023

@Ylan Muller We haven't prioritised this yet, as Tanguy said before we know we have to get to it, but it's tough making these prioritisation decisions as you can imagine. In the last few months we have moved from beta to GA, made massive improvements in performance and a new sharing feature is open to beta!

Ylan Muller October 10, 2023

Thanks Rohan. Definitely understand that the team is putting in a lot of work, but it would be useful for customers to be able to see what other items are taking priority. We have just rolled out Jira PD and while we thought we could work around these issues, they are becoming painful with the volume of roadmap items and ideas we are juggling and gathering feedback for. Understanding what else is taking precedent helps me argue one way or another whether these are things we can continue working with if other parts of the platform improve, or if we need to explore another solution. 

Like • jolyont likes this
jolyont October 26, 2023

This feature would be really useful for us too.  Is there a feature request we can vote on?  Our product discovery is getting full of insights and not being able to search is making them undiscoverable.  :-( 

Kevin Teodoro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

@Rohan Swami any updates about this?

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2024

@Kevin Teodoro we do not have any further updates to share at this point in time. When we do, we'll announce it in the Community!

3 votes
Donat Pohla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2023

@Rohan Swami Just checking in again, any news I haven't found, yet? We would love to have the possibility to search for insights, as the information is crucial for out CS Team, to know what has been wished for by our customers. It would save us a lot of doubled work and workarrounds.

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
December 22, 2023

Hi @Donat Pohla I don't have any updates to share at this point, it's not on our short term roadmap.

Like • Donat Pohla likes this
3 votes
Kevin Sniokaitis November 26, 2023

Would love this ability as well. I am converting our team over to JPD and as I am bringing in old items, I am putting a lot of them as insights rather than individual ideas. I am just realizing now that I can't search the insights which is making it difficult to know if a concept has been added already. One of the main goals of our usage is to make sure feedback and ideas do not get lost and insights are a great way to do so, but not being able to search will lead to more time wasted, duplication, and bad ideas.

Ylan Muller November 27, 2023

Yep. We are early in our implementation so we ended up getting rid of JPD for idea and insight ingestion entirely and moved it into a Jira Work Management project. There are some trade-offs, but we needed our employees to be able to search content attached to ideas and it was getting too painful to not have that available. 

Like • Kevin Sniokaitis likes this
3 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2023

@Miriam Donath top help us with our explorations and prioritisation for this feature, would you be able to jump on a call with us to discuss your use case? You can book time in with me through Calendly https://calendly.com/rswami-atlassian/customer-calls

Miriam Donath May 15, 2023

Absolutely. Just scheduled with you.

Like • Rohan Swami likes this
artem_syzonenko July 6, 2023

@Rohan Swami Any plans for this feature?

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2023

@artem_syzonenko to manage your expectations, it's not in our short term roadmap.

adams.laborde August 2, 2023

Seems wild to me that you would add a field called "insights" to a project type with "Discovery" in the name and make them so hard to find unless you know the particular ticket they're attached to already. At least make it exportable so we can bring it into Excel and create our own workarounds.

We currently use these to gather feedback from customers on the importance of a given feature/improvement. Our CS team would like to be able to collate insights by customer by doing a search like

insights ~ <customer_name> OR insights ~ <customer_ID>

And thereby report on which customers have the most outstanding feature requests as well as which might be the most impactful.

In the past we used the labels field to tag Jira tickets with customer names for this same use case, but the UX for updating the labels field in Product DIscovery projects is truly awful if you have more than a dozen or so labels as the dropdown loads every single label and force scrolls you to the end of the earth as they all load.

2 votes
Najwa Harif
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 9, 2024

Adding another bump here for this capability

Our use-case: Our customer success teams create feature requests for our products on Github, many times we can have similar feature requests coming from different customers, so we'd like to aggregate duplicates and have the ability to gauge how many times a certain feature or capability was requested.

Our idea is to add the similar Github issues as insights in a Jira PD idea. However, if the PM who is taking care of the product area later needs to find the Jira PD idea that was associated with a certain Github issue, they would want to search all Jira PD ideas using the Github issue URL and/or title. As of today, searching a URL that was added in the insights does not lead to any result. Thus making it difficult for a PM to handle follow-up requests coming from the field.

Another possibility would have been to add a label in the insights, for example with the Github issue identifier, but it looks like the insight labels are also not searchable.

Not all our teams are using Jira PD for the moment and being able to use it to manage feature requests for our products could potentially help drive adoption.

Questions:
- Is there a way to achieve this that we did not explore yet?
- Do we have more input on when it will be possible to search insights? And is it going to include insight labels as well?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events