Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insights inbox

Sebastiaan Terpstra April 14, 2022

Currently, you can only connect Insights to existing ideas. Are there any plans for an Insights inbox in which we can collect ideas (or push them in there through Zapier, for instance), so the product team can then connect them to the right ideas? This would really power up our workflow, as people sharing Insights wouldn't have to worry about finding the right Idea to connect it to.

3 answers

2 votes
Seth Mason April 14, 2022

@Sebastiaan Terpstra have you looked at "Merging" ideas? We ask submitters to first try to find an existing idea that they can create a new insight onto. However, often they do not and create a new Idea.  In that case, we deduplicate them by merging the second idea into the first.  This "Merge" automatically archives the duplicate, and adds a link to the target (surviving) idea.

Sebastiaan Terpstra April 14, 2022

Thanks @Seth Mason, haven't considered that workaround yet! I guess that'll do for the time being, just a little worried that'll increase the overhead for PMs. How do you keep this on a manageable level? Or is the number of insights not that high at the moment? 

Seth Mason April 14, 2022

Insights are definitely challenging, and I'm expecting our usage of them to ramp up in the coming quarter. Feedback so far has been positive as you can map 1 requesting org/customer to an insight.

• Only the submitter of the insight can edit their insight. Though I can edit the impact.
  • I have to use either the shared, linear Comments feature (ugh) or an external tool to ask questions about a given insight ("What do you mean by....?"). Being able to have comments tied to an insight would be invaluable in keeping everything under the JIRA idea.
  • PM is still doing deduplication (assign one PM the task of reviewing new ideas and looking at deduplication).
Like Sebastiaan Terpstra likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2022

That's all super insightful, thanks @Sebastiaan Terpstra and @Seth Mason 

We did look into allowing comments on insights at some point, maybe we should reopen that

Otherwise, yes Sebastiaan, we are looking into how we can help you with a dumping ground for insights that you can then organize when you have time. Not in the short term but something we definitely want to help with

Sebastiaan Terpstra April 15, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson Let me know if you want to discuss some of our use cases for that to help you assess whether they're common or exotic :) Happy to help.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2022

Thank you @Sebastiaan Terpstra we'll definitely take you up on that offer!

Here's a link to book a 30min chat if you can spare the time :) https://calendly.com/tcrusson/30min-1

Like Sebastiaan Terpstra likes this
Sebastiaan Terpstra April 15, 2022

Booked it. See you Wed!

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
1 vote
Nicolai Guldager
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2024

We are currently in the process of transitioning to using Jira Product Discover. Our previous flow also uses something similar to an inbox for Insights. It would be extremely helpful for us to have something like that in Jira as well.

1 vote
Deleted user June 21, 2022

We too would like an insights inbox. @Tanguy Crusson I saw the calendly link above, but wanted to ask permission before booking a session with you!

Here's our workflow:

• Field engineers have periodic catchup sessions with customers
    • They frantically take notes of the session
    • The meeting notes are recorded in Salesforce Chatter, so we've got a running list of meetings and notes for each customer
    • The field engineer wants to take that dump of meeting notes and pass them on to the product manager, hence "Insight Inbox" which we currently have with the other product management solution we're using, and hope to replace with JPD for a number of reasons
  • Product manager does weekly "scrub" of notes from the field, highlights a line in that note, and does one of a few possible actions:
    • Asks the field engineer for more clarification (comment on a line in the insight)
    • Tags that specific line in the insight to a specific idea, assuming it's clear a customer is asking for an already known idea
    • Creates a new idea, and tags the line in the insight to this new idea

So insights to us are not tied to an idea, it's an independent note. And one insight could be linked to multiple ideas.

And from a workflow standpoint, we'd like to easily take a salesforce chatter message and one-click have it turned in to one of these independent insights, still retaining the link back to the record in SFDC, so we can cross-reference easily.

Let me know if it would be worth booking a session with you. Happy to share. Also happy to come up with potential workarounds for the short term since there's a lot of value for us switching to JPD from another product, and this is the one big issue to us switching completely!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2022

@[deleted] I apologize for the late response - that all makes sense. I'd love to chat, please do book some time! Next week would be ideal. 

Cheers,
Tanguy

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events