Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have automated an epic creation when an idea transitions to status to "NEXT" I would like to au

Liam Cottam March 16, 2023

I have automated an epic creation when an idea transitions to status to "NEXT" I would love to be able to automatically add the delivery ticket to the Delivery Progress Field. 

PMs regularly forget to add the delivery epic to the idea. I find the delivery progress field provides a great at a glance overview of work in progress for stakeholders and myself (as well as quick access to the delivery tickets) 

I have been able to achieve a similar thing with automatically creating a confluence page when a status moves and then posting the link back to a "Documentation" field on the idea. 

Is there anything I can do to make this happen? 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2023

Hi Liam,

i am guessing that you create an epic, but that this epic doesn't appear in the delivery panel, hence isn't tracked under the delivery progress field. 

For that i'd suggest to also set up the issue link when you create the epic.  

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 10.41.59.png

Cheers,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

1 vote
Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2023

Hi @Liam Cottam 

It sounds like you are already using Jira Automation to create an Epic when the issue transitions, is that correct? If so, all you need to do is add the following snippet to the same create issue step under More options.

{"update": {
"issuelinks": [
{
"add": {
"type": {
"name": "Polaris issue link"
},
"outwardIssue": {
"key": "{{issue.key}}"
}
}
}
]
}
}

The above will create an issue link between the newly created epic and the idea ticket. 

Cheers,
Jens

Released.so - Release notes powered by Jira

Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2023

Or you could use @Hermance NDounga  solution with the UI, which is simpler than using the JSON format  :)  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events