Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give a supplier access to one JPD project to create and edit tickets but not access to Jira

Rob Russell August 19, 2024

I've been trying to set up a collaborative JPD project with a supplier. The aim is to give visibility into what we are working on and to allow them to add the work they are doing. This would then give a combined view. The issue is that when I make the user a User (creator) and limit their access to JPD they can click on a linked Jira ticket from JPD and it takes them to Jira where they can also look at other tickets that don't relate to their work. Has anyone managed to solve this or is it a bug?  

I tried a contributor role, which does limit the access to Jira but also to editing JPD which defeats the purpose.

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2024

Hi Rob, 

You'd need to publish a view and share only this view to your stakeholder. Please check : the different type of users  and publish views 

Wehn you'll share these views, users cannot collaborate on it yet. We suggest to integrate with 

Jira Service Management in order to benefit from a full customer portal with queues and where you can triage upccoming requests.

Cheers

Hermance

Rob Russell August 20, 2024

Hi Hermance. We would buy the partner a license so that they can contribute to JPD.  we just don't want to give them permission to access Jira. In the user Admin they only have access to JPD yet they can click on a linked Jira ticket and gain access to the tickets that way. I would expect them to just have a Jira view similar to a JPD contributor without the link to Jira.

Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2024

Hey Rob, 

If they have an account on your instance, you should check the permission schemes or access controls of the Jira projects and ensure none of the groups they are a member of has access to those projects. 

That should lock down access. 

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events