Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy the value of JPD "Expression" type field to delivery ticket in another project?

Jeny Stoeva March 8, 2023

Hi, 

I have an "Expression" type field in JPD, let's call it "Score" field. The formula used in this field produces a decimal number.

When I create a delivery ticket, in another project, I would like to copy the value of this "Score" field into one of the delivery ticket fields. I can copy other fields from JDP ticket to the delivery ticket but the "Score" field doesn't show up in the list of fields to select from. Is this because it is of this special "Expression" type?

Would it be possible to copy this "Score" field somehow?

@Hermance NDounga , Maybe you will be able to help me with this. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2023

Hi Jenya, formula fields such as Score are not supported in Automation at the moment. You can see details of other current limitations here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Known-limitations-of-Jira-Product-Discovery-beta/ba-p/2069648

Jeny Stoeva March 9, 2023

@Rohan Swami Thanks for info! Is there a plan for the formula fields to be supported at one point?

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2023

Hi Jenya, it's not on our roadmap for now.

Till August 16, 2024

Hi @Jeny Stoeva did you find a solution for the formula fields?
We would need a functionality like this as well, to manage our jira backlog with the RICE methodology (based on the data in JPD).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events