Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture & manage improvement ideas in JPD

David Nadri June 27, 2024

Hello JPD community,

I would love to understand how others capture, track, and manage improvement ideas for existing features of your product in Jira Product Discovery (JPD).

For example, let’s say I have a shopping app and there’s a bunch of good ideas for improvements to the cart, shared by our customers or internal stakeholders over time.

Challenges:

• Eventually, we’ll want to look at this backlog of improvement ideas and select one to work on, create a separate idea for that improvement, and link a delivery epic to it.
  • We want to have one place in JPD to find all the ideas/improvement ideas related to a specific area (Cart) to see the whole picture and decide which ones to tackle.
  • This setup also helps CSMs & other stakeholders check if an idea is already in our backlog for a specific feature.

Current approaches:

1. One improvement idea: Create one “Cart improvements” idea in JPD and add the individual improvement ideas to its description as we hear about them in the comments or insights (or elsewhere). However, there’s no way to have one parent idea and the improvement ideas as sub-ideas - so they'll live in the description (i.e. as bullets?).
  2. Separate improvement ideas: For each new cart improvement idea, create a separate idea in JPD, and tag them with a “Cart” component or product area field so that they can be grouped together.

Question:

What are the best ways to track and manage these cart improvement ideas in JPD? Would love to hear about other methods or best practices that have worked well for your teams.

3 answers

0 votes
David Nadri June 30, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson - I think I remember seeing a JPD video where you showed another approach for capturing & organizing 'improvement' ideas in JPD. Could you please share this, and any other input you have?

0 votes
Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 28, 2024

#2 is most certainly the preferred way of organizing ideas. 

Separate ideas allow you to

• More easily discover what ideas have been raised already.
  • Gather insights related to each individual idea.
  • Use the prioritization tools in JPD to prioritize the ideas. 
  • Link the idea to a delivery ticket when the time comes to implement it. 

@Jens Schumacher - Released_so - thanks for your input. That makes sense. 

But how do you recommend grouping/connecting 'improvement' ideas to an existing feature so they're in one place? I suggested using tags to group them by that tag in a view to see all the ideas/improvement ideas related to the tag. Curious if there are others. 

0 votes
Nicolas Grossi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2024

@Nicolas Grossi - thanks! This would be useful if we use JSM.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events