Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I allow everyone in my organisation to create an idea, but limit the views they can see?

slmorton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 6, 2024

I really want everyone in my organisation to be able to create an idea, add comments and insights etc but I don't want them to have access to every view in the system.

To my mind the Stakeholder approach makes sense, for limiting the views . . . but how can I allow team members not in JPD to create an idea? 

Does JPD support anyway of having a more open portal for gathering ideas from the wider organisation?

The Contributor role will allow idea creation but, honestly, I don't want sales/marketing, CS or consultancy seeing all the views, that will end in chaos.

2 answers

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2024

Hi there, 

Exactly what Gary said, we are coming up with a view permission feature so you will be able to hide some views from contributors (or any user). 

We are also considering improving the stakeholder view, but it is not currently planned on our roadmap. 

Best Regards,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

0 votes
Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2024

@slmorton, Atlassian has an EAP for the JPD Premium version. This is the version that will include "View Permissions". I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I'm imagining something like your describing.

The main issue is obviously that this will be a feature available only in the Premium version, so if you don't foresee a need for any of the other features in that version, it'd be very costly to upgrade for just this single feature addition.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events