Goal vs. Theme vs. Bucket?

Pete Crocker June 19, 2022

Hi all, trying to figure out the intent of the default fields in Jira Product Discovery, and can't find anything useful in the docs. 

How would you describe the use cases for a Goal vs. a Theme vs. a Bucket? How do you use these fields to categorise and prioritise your feature requests?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2022

@Pete Crocker our approach with Jira Product Discovery is we want to give you a toolkit that helps you capture, prioritize and communicate your product ideas, opportunities, decisions, plans, etc. - using a set-up that best suits your particular environment. That's why it's so flexible. 

The default project template includes different fields but they are just suggestions to help you understand what the product is for and help you get started. 

Feel free to use or change these fields or create your own - that's what the app's here for.

Pete Crocker June 20, 2022

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson that's helpful!

Matt.Stratford March 22, 2023

How do you change the fields within projects? Is this a restricted feature of Atlas Standard?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Matt.Stratford , you need to be a project administrator. Then you can just do it in app:Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 14.58.08.png

Like Matt.Stratford likes this
0 votes
Jeremy West June 19, 2022

We already had goals that actually aligned pretty well to the default ones Atlassian included. I just added a couple more.

I use the bucket to group together requests mostly base don origin i.e. existing customer, potential customer etc. then factor this into impact weighting.

Not sure about themes? I cant see that field. Unless you mean product area, in which case we use the names for each overarching parent feature in our platform. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events