Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields Concern

Erin Mihalik May 28, 2021

As I would assume most groups interested in the new Product Discovery are using Jira Software Company managed projects (Classic),  is there any thought given to allowing certain fields that exist in the Jira Software Platform to be shared and used on Jira Product Discovery?

Non Custom Fields:

• Shared Teams -  discussed in another thread
  • Labels - currently the list does not auto fill which will cause people to have typos when adding labels to items if the labels are already being used on other projects

In a way, I love the simplicity offered here so I wouldn't be asking for all Custom Fields to be available but I am sure there are companies out there that do use certain custom fields on everything.

Custom Field that we end up using AS EXAMPLES:

• Customer(s) - We already have a multi select list for our customer/clients.  It is a large list and when new clients get added to our business, we have to keep this list updated.  If we also need to update it in another field, it is added work,

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2021

Hi Erin, thanks for the feedback. 

Unfortunately the ability to share project configuration, including fields, is something that is only supported in company managed projects - not team-managed projects (and Jira Product Discovery was created as a team-managed project)

Eventually this will be possible, but for now you need to replicate fields like this across projects.

Just a thought: I wonder if it would be possible to automate this using Automation4Jira? I've never tried but will give it a go next week

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Automation For Jira won't create new fields themselves - it can just update values in existing fields. 

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this

Automation will work to make sure the fields get set but it still leads to duplication of creating and maintaining the fields which is the not so great part. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Guillaume Bretin March 18, 2022

I have the same concern and would really like to share fields between Jira discovery and Jira Software that would ease sync between the two products.

0 votes
Colin Goudie May 28, 2021

I'd second this. I ran into the same issues as we have Client fields and some others and when moving those in as Ideas they just get lost. We can recreate them but they do become inconsistent 

Also, given Discovery is very much not a team only thing it should really be designed company first I would think

There are parts I love about it being next-gen (Team) because it is simplified but the same reasons we don't use next gen for some projects and not others exists.  Most large companies are using Company projects.  I am hoping this is just because it is Alpha.  Wondering if this will be its own application in the end or remain as a template?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events