Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Impact and Value of an idea (Product Discovery)?

Alaina Gardner July 13, 2024

I see that Impact is rated manually as it relates to the goal. Value is supposed to be a user value. How are others differentiating these two fields and determining Value? 

I'm also curious about how the Impact score is automatically taking into account Insights? Is this done through AI interpreting Insights commented, or only if we've given an Impact score to an Insight? 

Lastly, does anyone know any big-name/successful SaaS companies with public roadmaps that use Jira Product Discovery? Would be helpful to see how each use it! The features are powerful but right now we separate our roadmap "project" from our main, initial project we had before we started using Product Discovery.

This is because our roadmap gets filled with some nebulous or non-priority items (ideas if you will!) and we don't want them to bog down our Backlog of more defined, decided-on tasks. Are others doing it this way? We have ideas categorized by upcoming release and we archive them when we move them from our Discovery project to defined tasks in our main project, so we're not dealing with a sprint planning Backlog that has ideas that may never be developed. But I'm interested in exploring other ways of going about this that may be better for us.

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Grossi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events