Deliver with Hierarchy from Advanced Roadmaps

Erin Mihalik May 28, 2021

Ahhh!  This is the one thing that is preventing me from really starting to use this heavily within our teams.

We are a Jira Software Premium group.  We have access to Advanced Roadmaps and the issue type hierarchy.

When we link to items, they could be linked to Initiatives or Uber Epics which are both levels above Epics.

I attempted to Link an Issue through the Deliver tab to a Initiative and it doesn't return the issues beneath it.

Ideally if I link to the Uber Epic or Initiative level, it would show the nesting beneath the Deliver tab just like Epic to Story does.

Video Explanation:

https://www.loom.com/share/afbb2da535be4a069cc2dd84ea84107c

hierarchy.pngmissing hierarchy.png

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

@Erin Mihalik quick update, we're back to working on it :) quite a few things to do still but we should have a first version hopefully soon.

image (5).png

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

@Erin Mihalik FYI we just started working on this this sprint - so you can link "initiatives", "uber epics" or any level of the hierarchy to a Jira Product Discovery idea; and see its progress.

Erin Mihalik June 15, 2021

Thank you!!! This is great news!

Erin Mihalik July 2, 2021

@Tanguy Crusson How is this coming? :)

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2021

Hi @Erin Mihalik , unfortunately we had to push this back a bit and shift focus on reliability and tech debt after a couple of incidents - we've been adding a lot of features quickly, it caught up with us. 

It was in the "Now" column, it's now in the "Next" column - I'll let you know when we get back to it.

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2021

Thanks @Erin Mihalik ! This came up a couple of times already, we're looking into it - there's more than meets the eye on the complexity of that feature. 

In the meantime, you can link to any ticket to an idea, it just won't return the delivery progress information for uber epics or things at a higher level. 

By the way, if you click on "Create an epic" you'll see that you can select your issue type, which can be a story (we just believe the right level to look at things in Jira Product Discovery is at the Epic level, or higher in some cases if you use Advanced Roadmap)

0 votes
Erin Mihalik May 28, 2021

@Curt Holley - not sure if you are using additional hierarchy levels in Advanced Roadmaps but I know you opened the challenge with the Teams field.  This may be of some interest to you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events