cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofill date field not available for selection

Tudor Hornai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2024

I'm having trouble selecting a date field in the "Autofill dates" section of date fields

I have a JIRA epic with 2 date fields ("Start date" and "Due date") and  linked as a delivery ticket to an idea

epic dates.png

I'm trying to create a JDP autofill date field, based on the "Due date" field but cannot find/select it in the list. (However I was able to select the "Start date" when creating a different field)

due date missing.png

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2024

Hi @Tudor Hornai ,

The field options for the autofill toggle will show based on the global Jira permission.

Since "Due Date" is a system field that will show up on any Jira project, only a Jira Global admin will be able to select it for as an option.

That being said, once configured under the JPD date-field's Autofill toggle option, all users will be able to see the value on the field - so the admin only needs to select it once.

Tudor Hornai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2024

thanks, that was the problem

0 votes
Jason Garcia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 5, 2024

I’m experiencing the same issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events