Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change the order of the "Other Fields" section?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

We've created a number of custom fields for use on an Idea ticket type, and while we definitely want the fields to display on the tickets themselves, we don't want them to display in any views. This dumps them all in the Other Fields section, which is fine, but I can't seem to find a way to reorder those fields to have our custom fields display at the top of the Other Fields section.

Am I missing something obvious, or is this not possible?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2023

Hi Esther, 

You can definitely pin these fields, if they are important enough to be at the top of the "other field section", but not in the view themselves, you probably don't want to scroll down to that section to see them. For that, you can hover the field and pin it: Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 15.07.33.png

For the moment, it is not possible to reorder the fields in the "Other field section" but we are considering few improvements in the field management area, so i'll add this suggestion to it. 

Thanks for your feedback!

Hermance

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Hermance NDounga 

You wrote...

You can definitely pin these fields, if they are important enough to be at the top of the "other field section"

Have you tried this, because when I tried that pinning a field pins it to the top of the "Pinned fields" section and not to the top of the "Other fields" section?  I also could find no way to re-order the fields in that section.

Kind regards,
Bill

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@Hermance NDounga thanks for the tip, but pinning is a user setting, correct? I as a project admin can't pin the fields and have them display that way for everyone. Our concern is that the fields will just be missed entirely where they are.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2023

Hey there, 

Pinned fields are a project level concept, the pinned fields are the same for everyone.

You cannot pin fields on the top of the "other fields" section, but I would assume that if a field is important enough to be on top of the "other field" section, you don't want to scroll through the "pinned field" section, and then the " Field in this view" section order to find it, but that is just an assumption/my personal preference :) 

You cannot reorder the pinned fields, so instead you can unpin he few fields you have and pin them accordingly to the order you want them to be displayed for your users. 

Note that pinning fields has its dedicated permission, so if you want to be the only one pinning/unpinning fields, you can adjust this permission using custom roles under the Access panel

Cheers,

Hermance

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2023

Thank you, @Hermance NDounga . So pinned fields here are behaving differently than they do in standard projects, where they're a user setting?

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2023

@Esther Strom now that you say it... indeed 🤨 thanks for raising this, I see now why this section is confusing when you are used to Jira Software, cause it basically works reverse. I'll bring it to the bigger team, we surely need to fix something in the experience. 🙏🏽 

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2023

Thanks, @Hermance NDounga - yes, it's counter-intuitive for those of us who are used to JSW. Pinning has always been a user-level setting; it makes sense that different fields are important to different people.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events