Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Tempo Details to Idea

Martyn Arbon September 22, 2021

Hi, We use Tempo for time tracking and as part of the tempo setup you need to capture a JIRA field called Account.

Is there a way of adding a JIRA custom field to the screens/views in product discovery ?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Martyn Arbon , this is not currently possible - the fields you add to a Jira Product Discovery projects are just local to the project (not to bore you with the details, but that's because the product was built on top of Jira NextGen). Eventually it will be possible, but not yet. 

Mohamed Kadi December 20, 2022

@Tanguy Crusson any update on this?

In the meantime, NextGen projects allow for the Tempo account field to be filled in. Why isn't it possible yet for the discovery project? We are now actually using and loving the product, but the timesheet reporting is lacking for all the discovery work which is posing a problem. Perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Mohamed Kadi for this we need to support extensibility and Marketplace apps in the product - which we haven't done yet. There's no other reason than the need to prioritize ruthlessly really. There's no doubt we'll get to it, but we still have big blocks to move before then.

Like Mohamed Kadi likes this
Bhuvaneswari Vasudevan June 5, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson , Is there an update on adding account field to Jira Product Discovery? I'm in the same situation as above. I'm trying to figure out how to track hours spent in discovery stage for the idea.

Janis Ita
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2024

Same Here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events