Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The relationship between Jira Product Discovery, Jira Software and Advanced Roadmaps

30 comments

Comment

Liora Naginsky April 1, 2024

@David Nadri unfortunately, I don't see the exact guide on how to set the integration between Product Discovery and Jira Software. I would like to understand if this is an automated process for users who already have Jira.

David Nadri April 1, 2024

@Liora Naginsky - if I understand your question, JPD is already pre-integrated with Jira Software; you don't need to enable it or 'set' something up (it's 'automatic'), like you do for the Atlas integration in your JPD project settings:

CleanShot 2024-04-01 at 11.48.28 AM.png

Although the current integration is limited, you can create new Jira Software issues or link ideas to existing tickets and then visually track the delivery progress of these issues directly from Jira Product Discovery. See below for reference. For more info, see integrations with other Atlassian products 

Simply open an idea in JPD > go to the Deliver tab > and connect a Jira Software issue:

CleanShot 2024-04-01 at 11.56.58 AM.png

Like Liora Naginsky likes this

@David Nadri thank you, this is very helpful.

Could you clarify how the integration between Product Discovery and Jira works? Will the existing data in Jira automatically become visible in Product Discovery once they are connected, or will only new ideas opened as epics from Product Discovery be visible?

Thank you!

David Nadri April 1, 2024

@Liora Naginsky - when the JPD team pays me, I will tell you 😉.

Just kidding - yes, both new & existing data (i.e. issues) in Jira Software should automatically become visible in JPD once they're connected. Just try out what I shared before.

Here's a walkthrough GIF:

CleanShot 2024-04-01 at 12.34.14 PM.gif

Here are step-by-step guides:

Like Liora Naginsky likes this

@David Nadri Thank you so much! This information is very helpful for our team.

Like David Nadri likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events