Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The different types of users: creators, contributors and stakeholders

69 comments

Comment

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2024

@Gavin Steele we added you to the list and will add you to the EAP next week!

Nick Purvis February 16, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah I've checked a few times since my post on 5th, and again today (and just to be sure, again just now 🙂) - I can't see a Publish button anywhere in my Discovery Project.  But if I'm looking in the wrong place please let me know!

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2024

@Nick Purvis it's a Publish button atop a view, near Export, Share. Our engineering team will check first thing on Monday what is happening. Thanks for your patience!

Nick Purvis February 19, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah - thanks for chasing that up.  I checked just now and the Publish button is now showing.  We'll try it out and come back to you if any questions.  

Like Amina Bouabdallah likes this
Rodney E February 19, 2024

@Amina Bouabdallah @tang 

If requests for the Stakeholder feature are still being accepted, I'd like to request it for simplifi.atlassian.net.

Much appreciated,

Like Amina Bouabdallah likes this
Ka Silveira February 20, 2024

Hello! You spoke that Creators can use "All features in JPD" but my creators can't see the Delete Idea option on dot menu (...) I am forced to give them a Administrator role (this is insane) because I don't need that they have access to delete options or fields or change project access. I'm doing something wrong? Why my creators can not delete their own ideas?

Nick Purvis February 23, 2024

Hi @Amina Bouabdallah the new Publish button is certainly going to make things much easier for us to use JPD. 

One question - will Stakeholders be able to Submit ideas, and use a customised Creation form so we can guide them on the information we require for idea submissions?  Having accessed a published view as a Stakeholder, I couldn't see any Create button. 

We don't want to give Stakeholders the same access as Contributors, because they would be able to see all the other views etc, which is too uncontrolled.  Many thanks!

Gaston Kurtz February 23, 2024

Would it be possible to get added to the beta for the Stakeholder access role?

Thanks!

DAMIEN CHARLEMAGNE February 27, 2024

@Amina Bouabdallah Hello, we would love to be able to test this feature also on our side. Thanks a lot. For now, I can't find the "Publish" button on my side. Thanks a lot

Nick Purvis February 28, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson hoping you might be able to advise - we have 5 JPD projects for each of 5 product verticals within our business.  We want to offer a single place/set of views for stakeholders to submit ideas and to view/engage with ideas. 

So the thinking is to move to a single JPD project. 

Given each of the 5 projects, while originally clones of each other, have been evolved by each team in terms of new fields etc, how can we move ideas from each original board to the new one, and (a) ensure no data loss/data conflicts and (b) avoiding a load of rekeying of information!

Many thanks in advance!

Like David Nadri likes this
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson why are contributors unable to link their JS/JSM tickets to JPD projects that have limited access?

Currently, users cannot link tickets to JPD projects with open access unless I add them to a separate Contributors group. I'm not sure why this doesn't work with a Jira Software license alone.?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2024

@Erk we looked into supporting this but unfortunately it goes against Jira's licensing model so that would be a pretty heavy lift - not something we'll be able to prioritize in the short term. You can ask contributors to add JSM tickets as insights to ideas, but the linking isn't going to work. 

Catherine Gu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

Why creators can create Project in jira product discovery? I just want to let only admin and site admin can create project. Can I set this kind of permission?

Tere Pile March 12, 2024

2 Questions:  @Tanguy Crusson 

#1 Stakeholders - I'm going to be one of those ........... it's almost end of 1Q, I have first standard payment due next week, any chance this will ship before end of month?  I have the okay to proceed right now just need to get the CC set up since we're on annual for everything else and hat's kind of a process lol 

Anyway, if this release is pushing to 2Q - pls advise, it's a key feature people are asking for

#2 I have allowed contributors to create, and have created a 'creator secondary' permission, would mainly to limit column edits (haven't tested yet) Question is has anyone else done this type of config? Thoughts? 

Tatiana Chernogorova March 15, 2024

Hi, @Tanguy Crusson  may please also ask to add us to the Stakeholder beta group? https://diggecard.atlassian.net/jira/polaris/projects/DIB/ideas/view/3643014

Kind regards,

Tatiana

Johnny Maw April 17, 2024

If I understand the process correctly - the process of rounding up stakeholders for product input is as follows:

1. Identify your stakeholders

2. Somehow determine if they are licensed Jira users (how would the average non-admin Joe go about this process?)

3. For those who are non-jira users (see step 2), ask your admin to add them to a contributor group.

4. Wait for the admin to add them to the group and communicate back to you the task is complete.

5. Once the admin has added those users to the contributor group, you can send out a published link to those users to comment (and a few other features).

Is this process correct? I hope not - because the flexibility of grabbing stakeholders for all the projects that run through a company would be tenuous and self-defeating. One answer would be to add every user in the company when onboarded (to that contributor group) and maintain this like any other permission directory so that stakeholders can be more easily accessed by the product owners seeking their input.

Once someone is added to the contributor group - can they now comment on any and every project within that discovery board or is there a way to identify and corral them to a certain product/idea?

Can anyone help me to better understand the process?

Alexander Bechte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

Hey all, we just recently started to work intensively with JPD. One question coming up quite recently is why contributor can not mention a user in an Idea comment. It makes it hard to collaborate within the comments. Any idea how or when to be solved? :) 

Mark Moline April 25, 2024

Lots of talk about Stakeholders, but I would like to reiterate our need which is to assign Idea tickets to Contributors...not just creators.  Our devs looks for tasks based on Assigned to You in the Your Work page.  When we need insights from devs for specific JPD tickets, we want to assign it to them so they know they're expected to work on it.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 29, 2024

@Alexander Bechte we just checked and mentioning contributors should work. can you please confirm what's not working for you? Maybe a screen recording would help. Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events