Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on syncing JPD fields with Jira Software

Hi Jira Product Discovery Community,

Rohan from the Jira Product Discovery Product Management team here. We’re interested in understanding your use cases for syncing fields between Jira Product Discovery - Whether you’ve set this up already with Automation, found other workarounds, or you need this but haven’t got round to it yet.

Please join me for a 30min Zoom call next week to talk through what you're trying to do, here’s my Calendly link  to book a timeslot. I’m based in the UK, if you’re in Africa/Europe (let's include the UK in there too) or the Americas, our timezones should have enough overlap to find a timeslot. Your input helps us improve the product for you!

Cheers,
Rohan

EDIT: All feedback interview slots have been filled. If you'd still like to share feedback, please select 'Give feedback' in the Jira Product Discovery left-nav at the bottom, our PM team reads all of it.

9 comments

David Laine February 15, 2024

Hi Rohan,

What do you mean by "syncing" fields?

Just trying to understand the scope of your session.

Kind regards,

David

Like Karina Caverly likes this
Karina Caverly February 15, 2024

+1 for @David Laine 

Would need some examples of 'syncing' to be able to weigh in. Thanks!

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2024

@Karina Caverly @David Laine I deliberately left it vague so that your free to share what's problematic on your side. If you really want a nudge from me: Any troubles you're having trying to share fields across JPD and Jira Software, or keeping fields in sync across both places.

Kaitie Warner February 16, 2024

If there is opportunity to discuss needs outside of field syncing we would definitely be interested in the ability for hierarchy with the ideas.  Our use cases for this include:

• Breaking larger ideas into initiatives then Features 
  • Linking multiple possible solutions under an initial problem

I have looking into the options for using fields to create this kind of hierarchy but at scale the manual overhead is too high.

James Wilson February 16, 2024

I would really appreciate it if somebody could please point me in the direction of any posts that show how the automation can be set up between JIRA software and Product Discovery. 

Pretty please

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2024

@James Wilson here's a page with some highly requested automations.

And in Jira Product Discovery you can navigate to your left nav > Project Settings > Automation > Templates to see some as well.

Like James Wilson likes this
Troy Moore February 20, 2024

Thanks for meeting with me Rohan! Really appreciate it. Just wondering what we can expect out of these conversations you've had. Will there be any sessions describing the future of this capability soon?

Troy Moore February 20, 2024

@James Wilson I have seen a lot of success setting up JPD and Jira Software Automations. Would love to sit down and chat with you about ways this could be completed. I've found that the possibilities of the automations tab are endless. You can get really creative with it!

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2024

@Troy Moore thanks again for your time! Our PM team always takes the chance to speak to customers about their feedback and what they're struggling with to inform our roadmap. We synthesise the feedback, evaluate if there is a problem worth solving, see if it aligns with our strategy, explore solutions, and sometimes we get that far and still throw it in the bin if we can't get it right.

When we have news to share on new features, we do share it in the Community. Keep an eye out, I'll be making an announcement soon!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events