Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📣 Product update: Hide your unused system fields!

Hello Community!

As a part of our ongoing improvements in fields management, we are thrilled to introduce a new requested feature.
Project admins now have the power to hide system fields in order to declutter fields in the sidebar and dropdown menus.

These hidden system fields will disappear from the main interface, but can still be found, marked as hidden, on the field management page.
The best part? You can restore these fields with a single click, without any data loss.

To hide/show a system field: 

• Go in Project Settings > Fields 
  • Select a system field and click ⚙️
  • Click "Hide"/"Show" 

We hope this update improves your admin experience in Jira Product Discovery.

Stay tuned for more updates, and happy managing!

Cheers,

Hermance

4 comments

brent.johnson June 18, 2024

Yay! But about 2 days late haha 😉

I literally just updated the field list for easier navigation so that all of the unused fields now have a 'z' prefix, grouping them at the end. Looks like I'll need to undo that - but happy about the long term fix you did 🙂

brent.johnson June 18, 2024

Hey @Hermance NDounga - I've noticed that some fields don't have the 'Hide' function, and some do. Unfortunately, the fields I'd like to hide don't have the function.

• Assignee, Comments, Creator, Delivery Progress, Delivery Status, etc. all have 'Hide.'
  • Custom fields don't have 'Hide'. I took a look at a few of the different field types (custom vote, multi-select, select, date, short text, etc.)
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2024

This will hopefully help get some of our more reluctant stakeholders onboard with JPD as there have been complaints about too many unnecessary fields stopping them find what they want.

It would also be nice to be able to order the sidebar fields in a different order from the fields in the view without having to create a different view for some stakeholders, and even better would be personalised ordering.

Like Adrian_Lester likes this
Adrian_Lester June 19, 2024

Hi @Hermance NDounga

I love the direction you're going with this.  I'll echo what @brent_johnson said about many of the fields I'd like to hide don't have the hide function.  For example I don't use the formula scored fields related to Impact and I've no idea with RevCL is.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events