cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting contributors create ideas in a Jira Product Discovery project

143 comments

Comment

Darina Lubomirova April 18, 2023

Interested to try the feature letting contributors submit ideas.

yarillo.atlassian.net

Thanks!

Tere Pile April 19, 2023

I was avoiding JPD because of costs, so kind of checked out, however given new push by leadership in this area and if I'm reading this correctly, contributors not costing $$ this could be a game changer.  Would love to be added to next round if more can be added!! 

@Tanguy Crusson didn't add our site, any chance you can still update?entdevbcdtravel.atlassian.net

Sholie Shallom April 20, 2023

can you enable this for https://jlldigitalproductengineering.atlassian.net/ . this is exactly what will help for my use case

Jan-Hendrik Spieth April 20, 2023

The submit form works well, as far as trying it out goes!

We hope it makes submitting ideas easy for our stakeholders, while still providing our members and creators the necessary initial info to understand the idea and edit it further. We'll see within the next days!

We think we might find it useful to be able to configure several templates in the form: with templates for different types of ideas, the contributor could choose the right one, and then be prompted with the dedicated template details in the description field.

Of course, this thought probably goes beyond templates, as different idea types could in fact require different forms altogether ... are there any plans already for allowing to set up several forms?

Also, @Tanguy Crusson if I got it right, the blue "Create" button on top of the screen will in the end somehow incorporate the form experience, is that right? Because having both is really confusing ;-)

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
kara_peabody April 20, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson I'd love to check it out too! knack.atlassian.net

Niclas Robinson April 20, 2023

https://vxfiber.atlassian.net/

we would also be interested in trying this.

Neema Daneshvar April 21, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson any eta on when you will release more invitations? We're eager to test this out and get it into our workflow. Thanks!

Like Rabbit Stoddard likes this
Matt Bell April 21, 2023

It would be AMAZING if we could get this enabled! We have our company "Team Week" starting on the 30th. I'm set to present JPD to the whole company to get everyone to start using it. I set up a list view for them to start adding ideas during the week, but it's really not friendly for mobile input. Having the new form would make for a MUCH better intro for employees. Thanks! multitracks.atlassian.net

Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2023

@Tanguy Crussonwe think it might be helpful if the field descriptions surface in the idea submission form, somehow. As a tooltip, info icon, ... just so that contributors have a chance of getting some context info about our fields, and why we are asking them to fill them out.

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hi everyone, we got everyone's feedback that it worked but was a bit confusing to learn, we're working on a new design, it's taking a tad longer than expected to land, so I've just turned the existing feature/design on for the people who provided their site URL above. Next step: we turn it on for everyone!

Like # people like this
Rabbit Stoddard April 25, 2023

Excited about this, and looking forward to updates on ETA for everyone! And just in case, I'm going to add https://oversights.atlassian.net, because once we have this, I can start demoing for my PMO and Product teams! 

Aaron Mosny April 27, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson can you please enable this for https://betterwithstoa.atlassian.net/ ? We desperately need this functionality!

Teng April 30, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson 

Can you please enable for https://dkshdigital.atlassian.net

This is the exact feature that I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2023

Hi all, it's on for everyone above.

We've also released a new Project settings / Access page that we hope makes it clearer what's going on. (We're also renaming project role - viewer --> contributor and team member --> creator but it may not be released yet)

You can now make fields in the issue creation form for contributors mandatory.

Like # people like this
Sabine Lambrecht May 2, 2023

hi @Tanguy Crusson 

Can you please enable for  https://ngdata.atlassian.net ?

We're eager to test this out and get it into our workflow. Thanks!

Jeny Stoeva May 4, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Hi!

I wanted to ask if we should submit the feedback to this feature here or in some more official way?

This functionality is a great step ahead to unblock anyone to contribute ideas if there is such a need in the organisation/company. I appreciate it that you listened to all the feedback and decided to enable it!

I have summarised our wishes below and the first one is quite important to us. It will make the idea creation process more flexible for all.

1. Allow "create ideas" from of multiple views. Currently just one view can be selected as an idea creation template. Enabling multiple views selection will allow your customers to create different idea types, which is a very important use case for us.

2. Nice to have would be to enable the selection of the mandatory fields. Currently it is all or none (besides the Summary). 

3. Another nice to have would be is to provide a way for the contributors to update the list of affected customers. We have an Affected customers field which shows the total sum of the values of all Affected customers specified in the idea. We use this score to prioritise the ideas.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2023

Hi all, the creator and contributor experiences are now live for everyone

Open Project Settings > Access to get started. 

Like # people like this
Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2023

Is there a way to create a direct link to the 'Submit an idea' form? I'd prefer to send the link to anybody, instead of explaining to them "Please go to the idea board, and click on the button on the sidebar to create an idea".

Like # people like this
Niclas Robinson May 8, 2023

Can we please get placeholder text macros for templates? I really liked the idea to have a submission FORM, so i can also have conditional formatting, but if you decide to not go that route, please atleast let us format the templates so they arent a pain to work with. We would highly appreciate it!

Nick May 26, 2023

Would be super helpful if contributors could attach photos/files to ideas as well.

I'm unable to find an option for that at the moment.

João Martins May 26, 2023

You can add photos/files both in comments and insights ;) 

Like Nick likes this
Nick May 26, 2023

@Jeny Stoeva Hey, I think I may have found a way to make the 3rd bullet work for me.

You just need to add the column 'Key customers' or your custom 'Affected Customers' and it will show on the template. 

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 17.41.47.png

Nick May 26, 2023

@João Martins Thanks! Yes, this is helpful. :D
But would be good to have it in the Create Idea modal, like Creators do. Don't see a reason not to.

CC June 9, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson I know the role definitions have changed, but I recall a post that said that Contributors would be able to edit their own ideas.  I see above that they cannot.  I must have misread or missed the shift.  There have been so many posts regarding role definitions I would have to dig.  

The creator role is too broad, and the contributor role is too narrow.  As the contributor role is defined today, no one can make a mistake nor refine their ideas.  As the product managers move through the stage gates of feature/product validation, they will modify the body of the idea not just add insights.  As an administrator I don't want to go through all the insights and re-write the ask.  I can't give this to end users without the ability to edit their own ideas (select fields is ok).  And I really don't want to give them creator rights as the default template and required fields are not available. At the moment, I'm spending way too much time doing data clean up.

Any thoughts on the best way to approach this?  

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2023

Hi @CC - think of the idea creation as a form that contributors can use to "submit" ideas. If you want people to do more, like keep refining ideas, then they'll have to be creators. Did I read correctly that product managers aren't creators? If so I'm not sure how this would work.

Note: we are adding the same experience to create ideas via the form for creators too. Both for creators and contributors people will just need to click on the blue "create" button in the Jira top navigation bar to open the form and create an idea this way. 

Like Nick likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events