Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the issues

Thanyathorn Pimon December 13, 2018

Hi John, 

We are software company and we are using Jira program for the company for awhile and we need you to help with these issue below :

Problems need help:
1. We want to use release function by creating a 'Version' (i. e. "3.0.0)" for each release
2. Each 'Version' should have multiple 'Epic' with the explanation of mayor functions that this version should have
3. Each 'Epic' should have multiple 'Stories' with more specific explanations of the functions
4. Each 'Story' should have multiple 'Tasks' with precise explanation for the programmer of what he has to do
Improvement:
1. We want to have the ability to have multiple active sprints for different projects

Please kindly reply the email back to me gate@livephuket.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Gate

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2018

I am not sure where you're stuck with most of these questions.  Jira already does most of it by design.

You can already create a version for each release, you can tag many Epics with that version (although if you want to document the major functions, you'll need to do that in the Epics, or maybe link to a Confluence page for it), you can drag (or edit) Stories into Epics, and use sub-tasks for the programmers.

You can have multiple sprints for different projects as well - each board has its own sprint.  If you need multiple sprints for a board, you can enable "parallel sprints" in the "labs" admin page.  This is "experimental", but has been in there for quite  while and seems stable - lots of us are using it, and we don't expect it to go away.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events