We have fully launched Incident Management (trying) to utilize Jira Ops. While we are happy to see some of the things we expected to see, here are the issues that we have found
1. We cannot utilize the salesforce connector. A Jira Ops ticket cannot be created from Sales Force because the "services affected" field cannot be seen. This is where we know the client reported on a particular area of the system
2. Creating a Slack Channel does not work in all browsers including safari all the time
3. Status cannot be modified. We wanted to use the flow of Open->Investigating->Fixing->Resolved->Closed. We need time stamps so that we can get metrics around MTTD and MTTR. Because there is only open->Fixing-> Closed, we cannot get MTTD in a way that fits our process. We also need a operation between resolved and closed because this indicates dev complete and in prod.
4. We want to add more custom fields with drop downs and check boxes. Open text fields work.
5. We would like to see a bit more integration with Jira so that we can more seamlessly bring incidents on team kanban boards.
6. We cannot escalate to specific roles, or assign people to roles to indicate if they are an incident manager for instance. We have on-call people answer the issues and then they get escalated if the on-call cannot resolve.
Needless to say it's not quite ready for prime time for our organization. Unfortunately we are having to create a Jira project and not utilize Jira Ops at this time as the things we need to drive home are SLA's to our clients, MTTR AND MTTD.
Thanks very much for trying out the Jira Ops EAP, and for sharing your feedback in such detail. This helps us prioritise the remaining work to get to our 1.0 release.
Many, if not all, of these items are in our plan to fix over the next six months or so. Here are tickets tracking some of the points you raise: Slack channel creation (new bug), Workflow editing, Incident roles.
I’m confident we’ll be able to meet your needs in the 6-12 months timeframe, so please keep an eye out for improvements in Jira Ops land as we keep building it out. For now, Jira Software is also a good option. :-)
I appreciate that you’ve already sunk a lot of time into Jira Ops, but if you have a few minutes to complete our Jira Ops evaluator survey, it would also be good to find out what you found useful, and more details on your processes and challenges around incidents.
I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events