what replaces deprecated /rest/api/2/group/user

Iain MacGranthin June 1, 2016

I used this a few weeks ago to add users to a group, then put it to 1 side for further work.

Then, having some time and a justification I used /rest/api/2/user to create users, thinking I could then feed that to the group add.

The group add now returns http 404, so i wanted to know what has happened?

I mostly see 'deprecated' against the api documents, but I don't find the alternative...

... is there one?

4 answers

0 votes
Iain MacGranthin June 3, 2016

Oh dear, and I thought hand jobs would no longer be necessary...

0 votes
Robert Vicchiullo June 3, 2016

so this is from atlassian.

This was announced on April the 26th in the What's New page for JIRA Core, Software and Service Desk. The only endpoint that can still be used is the one to get the group members.

The endpoints have been disabled due to security concerns and there is no workaround available for this at the moment.

We are discussing internally ways to fix this or to provide an alternative. There are plans for integrating of Atlassian account into Cloud which changes how Cloud login works. The developers are also looking at directory import / SAML / 2FA features to help our onboard customers. However, even if we do have these plans to implement additional workaround and features (as this is a huge priority for our development team currently), the implementation is probably going to take some time.

Please let me know if you have additional feedback and queries on this that I can share with our developers.

Best Regards,
Dario
Atlassian Cloud Support

so it looks like we are pretty S.O.L. with no way to manage groups....awesome.

0 votes
Iain MacGranthin June 2, 2016

Good idea - I am a contract QA Manager administering a Jira instance with a medium (c200 users) size user base that is growing steadily as we use JIRA to interface with partners and manage projects within the program.

There is a corporate standard competitor (which shall not be named) that the program may fall back to if the ability to manage JIRA and support it effectively becomes a problem.

I wouldn't be out of a job as this isn't my sole function, but I would be feeling the 7 year itch as regards JIRA flexibility and its ability to let me deliver a value service to my customers.

I would also not be happy that the program wide project and bug tracking software I was administering and therefore I was associated with was deprecated! This single issue wouldn't do it, but a decision made above me to unburden the program from its admin for tools might.

Atlassian need to be a little more careful on stuff like this.

0 votes
Robert Vicchiullo June 2, 2016

noticed this as well and same as you the docs show nothing and on there "What's New" page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/what-s-new-686863216.html) all it says is that on June 1st they are deleting all the /group calls, with NO mention of what people can do who are using them.

kind of ridiculous to remove them entirely and then not give/show an alternative. I have a support case open, if i find anything i will post back here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events