This question has been labeled for Jira Cloud, however I am not sure where you are migrating from.
Therefore, in order to answer your question:
For further details
Let me know if this helps.
Thank you so much for your advise, We are in process of merging two cloud instances. As per Atlassian suggestion, we have pulled both instances on to a server and finished merge process and restore data to new cloud instance ( we are unable to pull Zephyr data from cloud instance and it was true that cloud to server or cloud to cloud , the data won't be migrated).
Hence we are thinking that of that if we any probability via back end and pull Zephyr data to new cloud instance. Because of this we trigger the question. Any way we would check with Zephyr on connect Zephyr db with data to new cloud instance. Out of 2 cloud instances we have high volume of data for one instance if we get that Zephyr db as it is and able to connect to our new cloud instances then we are good. Also we are testing phase at this moment. I will share any further updates as soon as I received from Zephyr
Once again thank you for your advise. Have a nice day :)
Can you kindly provide more details on what you mean when you say that the vendor is not ready to configure the new Cloud instance with the existing Zephyr database?
Is this Zephyr or the customer (because they will keep on using the old instance or any other reason)?
I would like to know more details since I think I might be able to help a bit more here (I used to work in support and I have performed this kind of migrations in the past).
Also, do you actually have a support ticket open with us? I have searched for one in your name in order to get more details but maybe you used a different name. Could you maybe share the ticket number?
As per your below suggestion and internal discussion we proposed to retain the existing zephyr database and map with new cloud instance. But vendor is not ready to do this
"In Jira Cloud the add-on data is stored on vendor DB (Zephyr). In case of a Cloud to Cloud migration this is usually quite smooth: you need to open a support case with Zephyr and Atlassian so that the data associated to the old instance will be re-associated to the new one "
Overall, our aim is to merge two cloud instances using below document as per Atlassian suggestion.
'JST-501274 Unable '- ticket with Atlassian and getting help via this ticket. . Any inputs/suggestions from yor side we will happily receive. We are working in IST zone. Please do let us know if any additional information is required
Thanks for providing more details, I have reviewed the support ticket and I can see that we are waiting for some more information/data that should be coming soon.
I will leave an internal comment to the assigned engineers so that they will have everything they need once getting permission to proceed.
Please provide an update to the support ticket as soon as possible and follow-up in there.
Have a nice day!
Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins! We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events