Zephyr data storage

Iynapurapu Sayikiran September 2, 2019

Hello , We are in process of JIRA migration , Please let us know where the zephyr data will store , is it is on JIRA database side or Vendor database. 

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2019

Hi @Iynapurapu Sayikiran ,

This question has been labeled for Jira Cloud, however I am not sure where you are migrating from.

Therefore, in order to answer your question:

• In Jira Cloud the add-on data is stored on vendor DB (Zephyr). In case of a Cloud to Cloud migration this is usually quite smooth: you need to open a support case with Zephyr and Atlassian so that the data associated to the old instance will be re-associated to the new one 
  • In Jira Server the add-on data is stored in Jira DB and this can be a problem in case of Server to Cloud migrations. In that case, one option might be to use Zephyr for Jira but there might also be other options I am not aware of. 

In any case, I would advise to get in touch with Zephyr as well as Atlassian Support by using the following links so that they provide the best practices and assist in case anything goes wrong: 

For further details 

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Iynapurapu Sayikiran September 3, 2019

Hi Dario,

Thank you so much for your advise, We are in process of merging two cloud instances. As per Atlassian suggestion, we have pulled both instances on to a server and finished merge process and restore data to new cloud instance ( we are unable to pull Zephyr data from cloud instance and it was true that cloud to server or cloud to cloud , the data won't be migrated).

Hence we are thinking that of that if we any probability via back end and pull Zephyr data to new cloud instance. Because of this we trigger the question. Any way we would check with Zephyr on connect Zephyr db with data to new cloud instance. Out of 2 cloud instances we have high volume of data for one instance if we get that Zephyr db as it is and able to connect to our new cloud instances then we are good. Also we are testing phase at this moment. I will share any further updates as soon as I received from Zephyr

Once again thank you for your advise. Have a nice day :)

Best

Sayi

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

You are very welcome Sayi! :) 

Please keep this thread updated and, also, if my answer was useful please accept it so that this question will be marked as answered.

Ciao,
Dario

Iynapurapu Sayikiran September 11, 2019

Hi Dario,

Vendor is not ready to configure new cloud instance with existing zephyr database. We are going for alternate plans.

Best

Sayi

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2019

Can you kindly provide more details on what you mean when you say that the vendor is not ready to configure the new Cloud instance with the existing Zephyr database?

Is this Zephyr or the customer (because they will keep on using the old instance or any other reason)?

I would like to know more details since I think I might be able to help a bit more here (I used to work in support and I have performed this kind of migrations in the past). 

Also, do you actually have a support ticket open with us? I have searched for one in your name in order to get more details but maybe you used a different name. Could you maybe share the ticket number?

Cheers,
Dario

Iynapurapu Sayikiran September 12, 2019

Hi Dario,

Thank you for your support, I would share the details shortly.

Regards

Sayi

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2019

Thanks @Iynapurapu Sayikiran , and have a nice weekend. 

Iynapurapu Sayikiran September 18, 2019

Hello Dario,

As per your below suggestion and internal discussion we proposed to retain the existing zephyr database and map with new cloud instance. But vendor is not ready to do this

"In Jira Cloud the add-on data is stored on vendor DB (Zephyr). In case of a Cloud to Cloud migration this is usually quite smooth: you need to open a support case with Zephyr and Atlassian so that the data associated to the old instance will be re-associated to the new one "

Overall, our aim is to merge two cloud instances using below document as per Atlassian suggestion.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-merge-two-different-jira-cloud-applications-together-779160767.html

'JST-501274 Unable '- ticket with Atlassian and getting help via this ticket. . Any inputs/suggestions from yor side we will happily receive. We are working in IST zone. Please do let us know if any additional information is required

Dario B
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2019

Thanks for providing more details, I have reviewed the support ticket and I can see that we are waiting for some more information/data that should be coming soon.

I will leave an internal comment to the assigned engineers so that they will have everything they need once getting permission to proceed.

Please provide an update to the support ticket as soon as possible and follow-up in there. 

Have a nice day! 

Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events