Managing two versions for Version picker fields

Pavel September 9, 2016

Hi.

Is that possible to have two versions dictionaries within the same project?

What I need is to have default field Affects Version/s to use the Version Dict1 and some other field, lets say Committed Version to operate the Version Dict2, dicts should be managed by admin only.

The field should look pretty the same, but different dictionaries should be carried.

I've tried the Label type of new field (doesn't match the expectations, dictionary is modified by anyone on the flight) and Multi-select searcher (is pretty good, but I want to unify the UI for both)

Thanks in advance, any suggestion is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2016

No.  The whole point of the version fields is that they draw their values from the same list.

But you could simply add a standard select list to the issues with a totally different list.  It won't be versions, but it'll do the job.

Pavel September 11, 2016

Hi, Nic.

Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately, standard select list does not match my needs here - as I need sometimes to select 2-4 or even 5 versions for the field, whereas the select list allows to choose only two, even though there are sub-versions of each field.

Sincerely,

Pavel Bussel

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2016

Ok, so use a multi-select list.

Suggest an answer