How to transfer data from jira wep app to NY erp system windows app

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Linking to Another Application

Ask your question here...

1 answer

0 votes

First, is this a push or pull (or both)?

If the data is going from JIRA to the other system, then you need to think about when it's supposed to go, so you can set up an appropriate link.  If, for example, it's on a change of issue status, you can use a web-hook.  There's lots of other options.

In the other direction, your other system will need to update JIRA over the standard REST interface.

Thanks alot

It is both

We suppose to use jira as crm and make our erp system read data and the flow of issue from JIRA and later on write on jira

Our system  Is windows app

Ok, do you need more info?

Yes, please 

I will be thankful... 

Um, ok, but what more do you need?  "make it read and write" doesn't tell me enough to do anything other than say "have a look at the JIRA docs for webhooks and the REST interface"

This is asimple example for what I need :

An employee will request for vacation from our erp system then the flow of this vacation will start in JIRA ( ex. Direct manager approvement) 

At every step in jira  we want our system be able to track this issue in order to see the flow of this issue

So your ERP system can use REST to read the data from JIRA, and it sounds like it might want to be creating issues as well - see https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis for how to create, view and update JIRA issues.

Thanks alot

I will try that.... 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

935 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot