How to avoid duplicate "labels" fields?

Scrum Flower Boy May 28, 2018

Our company has 6 different projects. Each project needs to have project-specific labels. To do that I created a new custom labels field for each project. Then I edited the project screens to display only the new custom field and remove the default Jira labels field.

However, when viewing an issue I now see both of the labels fields. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have only one of the fields active in the screen. Here's a screenshot:jira-fields-problem.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rambabu Patina _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2018

Hide the system Labels field in the field configuration.

If it is not hidden in the field configuration, then it will always appear on issue view, even if you remove it from all the screens.

Scrum Flower Boy May 28, 2018

Can I hide it for specific projects only or is this a global setting?

Rambabu Patina _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2018

It is not specific to projects. It will hide for all the projects which are associated with that field configuration scheme.

Suggest an answer