How the ticket status is updated in ROADMAP jira cloud ?

Renato Rodrigues February 16, 2021

How the ticket status is updated in ROADMAP jira cloud ?

After I created a ROADMAP into JIRA Cloud, the status of Story, Bugs, Epics will be updated automatic in ROADMAP while the tickets be updated in JIRA during the sprints across the semester or year

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Renato Rodrigues,

The short answer is "yes".

You don't need to do anything extra in the roadmap. It just reads the issue status from the issues in Jira. 

Renato Rodrigues February 16, 2021

@Walter Buggenhoutthe board who will be following the roadmap by ROADMAP JIRA will get the status updated after the ticket be updated in JIRA, does it right ? The board will not need to access the JIRA, only access the ROADMAP.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hey Renato,

I am not sure why you mention ROADMAP in all caps ;-), but the roadmap displays the graphical timeline of your issues between their start and end dates. It does not manipulate the status of your issues in any way.

If you update the status of a ticket, that status will be shown immediately on the ticket itself, on any board the ticket is displayed in and in your roadmap. Your ticket is the single source of truth in that respect.

I am not sure what you mean by "the board will not need to access the JIRA, only access the ROADMAP" - but there is no need to worry, I'm sure!

Like Renato Rodrigues likes this

Suggest an answer