How do I change a workflow status back to something that already exists?

Shawn Smith October 13, 2015

I created a new workflow where tickets started life in a status called "To Do" which I didn't realize was being used in other workflows for other projects.

Then I changed the status to "To Review" not realizing it would change for other projects.

Then I activated the workflow for the other project.

Now I can't change the name of the step back to "To Do" because that status is already used.

How do I change the "To Review" status back to "To Do" (i.e. how do I reuse an existing status? Reusing an existing status doesn't seem available when editing a workflow status, only when adding one to a workflow)

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2015

What you can do right now is make a "Copy" of this workflow, make your changes to the "Copy" (remove To Review and add To do), update the affected projects to use the "Copy Workflow" you will be asked to "migrate" some affected status to a target status if it cannot find the correct match.

Suggest an answer