How I can view issues from archived projects?

Deleted user October 21, 2020

The ability to archive projects in the JIRA Cloud has been a new feature in premium subscription, however according to the documentation we still should be able to view archived issues.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/archive-a-project-1013843066.html

Issues in archived projects won't appear in basic or advanced search results. You can access these issues through direct links, but you can't edit them. 

I have a link when i click on it it tells me i don't have permissions being the Org and Site admin. 1st screenshoot me searching for the issue with the key. 2nd is going directly to the issue with the link.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 12.03.26 PM.png.    
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 12.03.04 PM.png

10 answers

6 votes
ceakin November 11, 2021

Same question

3 votes
Konstantin Musatoff October 1, 2021

Same question here

3 votes
Amy Breen September 28, 2021

Why wasn't this answered? I have the same issue

2 votes
Jimmy Vales February 15, 2022

1,128 views of this post as of 2/15/2022. No answer?

Note to the people viewing this, affected by it, but saying nothing: please don't be so complacent, log in, and speak up -- Like, Upvote, Post.

This should be possible; not having access to archived information is counter-productive -- with the current functionality, the behavior as is if we deleted that information.

Hopefully, this is just user error, and I'm just doing it wrong.

0 votes
Joy Shafer August 23, 2023

This seems like a real drawback. I need to be able to search for tickets in archived projects. Looks like this issue still hasn't been resolved?

0 votes
Chris Herdt April 11, 2023

I'm able to view archived issues by going to Issues (on the left menu) and selecting Status: Archive.

Suresh Mantrala June 9, 2023

@Chris Herdt : You are able to see them in Cloud or Server? If Cloud, can you please post any pictures to show what you are seeing and how we can see Archived issues?

Chris Herdt June 9, 2023

@Suresh MantralaCloud. I've included a screenshot.jira_cloud_screenshot.png

Suresh Mantrala June 9, 2023

Is Archive a Status that your project's workflow has? OR it is provided by Atlassian by Default?

0 votes
Jessica Leibovitz-Uth March 15, 2023

Any answers here? I've got end users needing this exact thing.

0 votes
Omar Hutchens December 6, 2022

found this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74992

There has to be a way to view all archived issues without needing to unarchive the project. 

0 votes
Jeffrey Aberle June 5, 2022

Really looking forward to archiving some old projects, but not able to do so now seeing these posts. Atlassian?

0 votes
Alis-Hathway Ward (DO NOT USE) June 3, 2022

Has anyone opened a bug ticket for this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events