Advanced transition settings (conditions, triggers) are not available

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure conditions for my workflow according to this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/advanced-workflow-configuration-749383189.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions.

And I can't find no links on properties panel:

1454532128085.png

I am administrator according to my permissions:

1454532326089.png

How to activate advanced settings for transitions?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

Those are the advanced workflow properties screens, so I now have no idea what you are expecting.

I want to configure conditions and triggers for transitions. How can I do it?

In workflow edit mode, click on a transition and you'll be offered tabs with conditions, triggers, validators and post functions

If you're struggling, you may find it easier to swap into the textual editing mode, which foregoes tabs and just has plain links to each of the areas.

Nic,

This is what I see after clicking on transition on diagram mode:

1454532128085.png

No conditions, triggers, validators, etc. 

And here is how text mode looks like:

1454921881508.png

And this is transition edit form:

1454921898107.png

Still can't found Advanced settings. Can you make screenshot of this settings in your Jira?

On the text version, select one of the transitions, not a Step

To expand - your third screenshot is from where you've clicked on "in progress" as a step on the left hand column.

If  you want to change the "in progress" transition, click the transition's name in the transitions column.  You will be taken to the transition definition.

This is one reason I recommend naming status and transitions totally differently. With a status, it's a description of the current status, generally an adjective, so I can say "issue X is closed".  With a transition, it's a verb, so I'd say "I close issue X"

1 votes

There's a "properties" link in the pop up box in your first screenshot.

Nic, thank you for reply.

I tried it, no luck:

1454569667735.png

Edit is not what I looking for either:

1454569759720.png

Hi there, I have the same issue, I am an admin but editing a workflow I can see only the Properties option, nothing else. I tried it in Draft as well as in Inactive status of the Workflow. Any follow-up on this topic?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

245 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot