Advanced transition settings (conditions, triggers) are not available

Victor Grischenko February 3, 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure conditions for my workflow according to this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/advanced-workflow-configuration-749383189.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions.

And I can't find no links on properties panel:

1454532128085.png

I am administrator according to my permissions:

1454532326089.png

How to activate advanced settings for transitions?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

Those are the advanced workflow properties screens, so I now have no idea what you are expecting.

Victor Grischenko February 4, 2016

I want to configure conditions and triggers for transitions. How can I do it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2016

In workflow edit mode, click on a transition and you'll be offered tabs with conditions, triggers, validators and post functions

If you're struggling, you may find it easier to swap into the textual editing mode, which foregoes tabs and just has plain links to each of the areas.

Victor Grischenko February 7, 2016

Nic,

This is what I see after clicking on transition on diagram mode:

1454532128085.png

No conditions, triggers, validators, etc. 

And here is how text mode looks like:

1454921881508.png

And this is transition edit form:

1454921898107.png

Still can't found Advanced settings. Can you make screenshot of this settings in your Jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2016

On the text version, select one of the transitions, not a Step

To expand - your third screenshot is from where you've clicked on "in progress" as a step on the left hand column.

If  you want to change the "in progress" transition, click the transition's name in the transitions column.  You will be taken to the transition definition.

This is one reason I recommend naming status and transitions totally differently. With a status, it's a description of the current status, generally an adjective, so I can say "issue X is closed".  With a transition, it's a verb, so I'd say "I close issue X"

Victor Grischenko February 8, 2016

Got it. Thank you!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2016

There's a "properties" link in the pop up box in your first screenshot.

0 votes
Adrienn Kovacs May 23, 2017

Hi there, I have the same issue, I am an admin but editing a workflow I can see only the Properties option, nothing else. I tried it in Draft as well as in Inactive status of the Workflow. Any follow-up on this topic?

0 votes
Victor Grischenko February 3, 2016

Nic, thank you for reply.

I tried it, no luck:

1454569667735.png

Edit is not what I looking for either:

1454569759720.png

fdlprod October 20, 2023

i have the same issue

Suggest an answer