Increasing size of custom text field

CQ March 9, 2021

Hi, 

I am curious how do I increase the row count of a custom description field for the Cloud product?  Currently defaults to 20 rows,  I would like to increase the default to 50 rows.

Similar to this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-size-of-text-area-custom-field-648545072.html

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Your link didn't work for me, but I believe this is the same article. I noticed that the article addresses customization available in Jira Server (not Jira Cloud).

I'm pretty sure that this level of customization is not available in Jira Cloud.

I think I've seen some (possibly outdated) suggestions that certain browser extensions might be able to tweak the specific CSS for that field (since it is a presentation/view issue, not a data/model concern). Seems like a brittle approach, not likely to scale across different browser types. But that approach might have merit if you "just gotta do it".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events