How do I add the resolution screen and only have it show up either the close or edit but not create issue screen?

Bernard Horowitz December 17, 2015

So I have tried to add the resolution field to the edit screen but it still shows up on the create screen. A resolution should only exist if someone is trying to close a bug. Not a task or a sub-task and definitely not on a create task/sub-task

2 answers

4 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2015

Go to the Issues section of the administration panel and click on "Screens". Create a new screen called "Resolution Screen". Add to it the fields you want (including resolution). This new screen will be placed on the transitions going into the status "Closed".

You'll have to find the workflow that is in use by your project. Go to the project in question and click on "Project Administration" and then look under the workflow section. Find the workflow that you want to use for issue type bug and make a copy of it. You'll have to edit this copy to show the new "Resolution Screen" you created. Find the transitions that move into the Status closed and associate the "Resolution Screen" with them. 

Last you'll need to set this copy to work with just the issue type bug.

Hope this helps!

Kian 

Gautham_Ganesh March 6, 2019

I have created a screen called "resolution screen" but after this i am not understanding ur point. Can u attach a screenshot 

Thanks

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

Sure. 

1) Identify the workflow you want the "Resolution Screen" to appear on. For example, I want the resolution screen to show on the "JIRA Service Desk IT Support Workflow generated for Project MSHD" workflow. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 3.00.26 PM.png

2) Identify the transitions leading to a "Done" status. In my screen shot, I have one status that is a "Done" category (marked by a Green background). I want to add my screen to the transitions leading into that status.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 3.02.36 PM.png

3) Click on the transitions, select "Edit" on the popup screen, and choose your resolution screen. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 3.06.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-06 at 3.06.31 PM.png

4) If this is an active workflow, be sure to publish the changes you've made!

I hope this helps!

Kian

Like # people like this

But still the resolution is appearing in the "create issue" screen. I want the resolution to be present only when i am making the issue status as closed.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2019

You need to remove it from the screen that controls the "Create issue" operation. Go to your project settings, look underneath "Screens" and you should be able to find the create screen for each issue type. 

Can we have a skype session now

Gautham@12345 my skype ID, please ping when u r free

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems - I'm curious how you got that "Edit Transition" popup to show. 

Jamey Hawkins April 29, 2019

@Adam Wride When editing the workflow, click on the transition in question.  A dialog box will appear for that transition and click Editscreenshot.jpg

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2019

@Jamey Hawkins - thank you. I learned something today! I usually just edit in text mode - so I hadn't seen this UI.

Cheers!

Medha Mishra July 8, 2020

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems The steps mentioned by you really helped in adding resolution screens.

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2015

Hi Bernard

You need to create a  screen which is only associated with the transitions where a user is trying to close the bug and not change the default screen which is used already for other operations. 

This page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-workflow-185729632.html introduces many of the concepts related to workflows and what you can change.

Regards

Phill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events