Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation rule doesnt work for cloning

Hi!

I am having some trouble to enable the automation rule that i have created. To summarize i would like to do the following;

- Project 1 - Create an epic and tasks that fall under this epic.

-Project 2 - Clone an epic with the tasks from Project 1 and make it visible in project 2

The following automation is created; unfortunately this doesnt work when i manually clone  epics.

2022-05-17 13_22_39-Automation - Jira en nog 10 andere pagina's - Werk - Microsoft​ Edge.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Filipi Lima Atlassian Team May 19, 2022

Could you share the audit logs after you attempt to run it?
Are any of the issues being created and if so are they not as expected?

To clarify @John M Funk , the target project of the cloning is selecting in the Clone Action:

image.png

One thing that could play a role - maybe not yet, but could cause problems later - is the option to "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed."

Since you're running it manually on an issue (i.e. the control is very much under control) you can disable this option.

image.png

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader May 17, 2022

Hi Dana - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What kind of error are you getting? 

I suspect that since you just created (cloned) the Epic in project two, the stories should get cloned into Project 2 - is that happening? 

But even so, how would it know what Epic to link it to? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

161 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you