Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA SSL

Navadeep July 21, 2017

Hi Atlassians,
We are performing migration and upgrade of JIRA to the latest available version.
Current version of JIRA used is 6.3.12.
I have replicated same environment and imported ldap certificate available in the "/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/lib/security/" folder using keytool.
./keytool -import -alias ldapcert -file /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/lib/security/abcldap.crt -keystore
/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/lib/security/cacerts
Users were able to connect properly.
When I upgraded to 6.4.14 from 6.3.12. I am receiving below error.
"Sorry, A communication error occured while trying to contact the remote authentication server". When I got this error during 6.3.12, I have imported ldap.crt certificate, and the issue was resolved.
But when I did the same here in 6.4.14, its not working. Atlassian gave me workaround to disable "SSL" [UserManagement-->UserDirectories-->Edit-->Uncheck "Use SSL" checkbox]. Then we were able to connect.
But its not a secure connection. when I click the checkbox again("Use SSL") I am getting below error.
############################################################
Connection test failed. Response from the server:
ldap.abc.abc.edu:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: tamldapvip.tjh.tju.edu:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]
############################################################

Thanks,

Nav

1 comment

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2017

Did you restart JIRA after importing the cert? If not, do a restart.

If you already restarted, make sure the JRE being used is the same. You can do that by verifying the JAVA details under Administration > System Info.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events