Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The secret life of Jira Admins

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 2, 2021

Hi admins everywhere!

Enjoy this fun prompt to get your creative juices flowing for the week:

What are some things about yourself that the users you serve every day would not guess? Do you have pets? Are you excellent or obsessed with a hobby/sport/game? Do you make a mean [insert recipe here]? 

I'm asking because we want to have a better picture of what it means to be a Jira Admin aside from all the superhero stuff you do for users on a daily basis! 

I'm not an admin, but here's my "Secret life of Bridget":

• I have two hairless cats - Speed Goat and Dorcas
  • I went to school for painting (you can see my work on bridgetsauer.com)
  • I love to cook - my favorite things to make are galettes (with local berries) and I also make a mean eggplant lasagna
  • I also just started taking pottery classes - my enthusiasm is high but my skill level is low 

IMG_2020 copy.jpgddd.png

16 answers

Suggest an answer

9 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021
  • I like to play electric bass guitar and sing with 70's and 80's rock bands...

BlackPointMarinaGig4.jpg

• I am a semi-professional audio and lighting engineer, specializing in complex live performances.
  • I have a well-stocked workshop to help maintain our home and work on a myriad of projects. Current effort: computer controlled, year-round LED+music holiday lights on our home.
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 2, 2021

No. Way. @Mykenna Cepek I think this is about the coolest thing I've ever seen. Wow, so glad I asked!! 

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Love it! Rock on

6 votes
Pedro HS Cunha August 2, 2021

I love sailing with my wife 

IMG_20201107_145412.jpg

Bridget
Community Manager
August 2, 2021

Love it!! What body of water is your favorite to sail on? 

5 votes
Valen Cardozo August 4, 2021

Hello Admins!

My sport/hobby is rock climbing! 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-01 at 23.30.20.jpeg

I also love to draw, I play bass guitar and I love to ride my bike.

Beautiful all the experiences of the community!
Greetings to all

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

@Valen CardozoAdventurous...like it..

Like # people like this
5 votes
Cyn Armistead August 4, 2021

I love to make music - I mostly sing while my partner plays various instruments. I also knit and do counted-thread needlework, volunteer, play with my granddaughter, read, and play tabletop RPGs. IMG_0299.png

5 votes
Christel Gray August 2, 2021

I show Cairn Terriers and Skye Terriers (my 4-year-old Skye is currently ranked #3 in the country - a photo of him is included here).

teddy.png

I also am a creator, so I do event planning on the side because I'm not busy enough ;). LOL! My biggest event with over 200 people is coming up in August, so things are pretty crazy right now, but I love it!

Bridget
Community Manager
August 2, 2021

WOW @Christel Gray he's so beautiful! #1 in my heart. What's his name?!

Also, a 200 person event is NO JOKE! What kind of event? 

Like # people like this
Christel Gray August 2, 2021

Thank you! His name is Teddy or Teddy Ruxpin when he's in trouble. LOL!

The event is for the Cairn Terrier Club of America's national specialty for the Top 20 Cairns in the country. It's a formal dinner and awards ceremony. It's so much fun! I love the organized chaos of the day!

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
August 2, 2021

Haha Teddy Ruxpin when he's in trouble made me laugh out loud. That is really cool @Christel Gray thanks for sharing! 

Like # people like this
4 votes
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Hi all!!

I have 2 beautiful girls and I love to spend as much time as possible with them.
I love painting, now I am trying digital illustration techniques.
I like crafts, from making bracelets, resin keychains, even a Christmas tree, anything!
And I have a very funny puppy, very restless and sweet at the same time!

photo1627996097.jpegphoto1627996146.jpegphoto1627996096.jpeg

4 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

@Bridget I am loving this post! Great to see such talented Jira Admins here!!

Bridget
Community Manager
August 2, 2021

Same @Taranjeet Singh ! What are some of your talents??

Like mehdialiakbar32 likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

@Bridget @I don't have any such exceptional talents but to mention some of them:

- I am a Cricket lover and I have played Cricket back in India since high school level to Corporate level. Here in US, I was also playing Cricket in one of the NJ State Cricket league till last year. My friends and family say I am a born cricketer, but I still do not consider myself upto that level:-)

- I am a bathroom singer :-) Sang on stage a couple of times in my college days, but I still have that stage fear.

- I love listening to Indian Pop and Sufi music. A big music fan!

- I can move both my ears together &  separately as well (I know this is a weird one, since I have mostly seen animals doing that :-) and not many humans in my experience). I hope you are not trying it while reading this!

Like # people like this
3 votes
Heather Reid January 4, 2022

I've got nuttin'!

I don't have any hobbies or hidden talents. But what they don't know about me, is that I was married at 16, divorced at 33 with pretty much no career based skill set, and have three adult children and two grandchildren. 

I worked three jobs, raised three children, and put myself through school to get my degree in Information Technology so I could make a better life for them. I got a job right away in a helpdesk and moved up quickly from there. 

I am just starting this new adventure of being an Atlassian Administrator and it is intimidating!! It is also exciting, and fun, and so worth every scary second. :)

It is amazing to see all the talent in this post. Maybe I need a hobby!

2 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2021

Before my daughter was born, and when I had all the time in the world, I used to compose music for video games and cinema. Sadly, for the last three years this is a far fetched dream, but hopefully someday I will be able to compose music again :)

You may listen to some of my music below:

2 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

Most people that know me through Atlassian (or work) don't know that I'm addicted to funky (and or electronic) music and that my "in" to technology was via music software and before that hardware (that could be programmed)

That I was a drummer in a pop group in the 80s (see photo below) 

Became a Club DJ in the 90s and still make and publish Mixtapes on:

https://www.mixcloud.com/Curte/ 

Remixes, Mash-ups and original material on:

https://soundcloud.com/rightmind

80s brasso.jpg

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

Awesome DJ @Curt Holley You Rock!!!..

I tried to create EDM music..posted on youtube..but get only 99 views :( ... very bad music i produced....

Like # people like this
1 vote
Vilius Zigmantas November 17, 2021

Well this is definitely fun. Here's my humble 2¢ outside of daily Jira Cloud Admin duties:

• I have seen Friends series 15+ times and keep rewatching it every year
  • Despite not coming from Asian background -- I have been using chopsticks exclusively since 2015 (slows down food consumption considerably)
  • I have a 5yr old samoyed (see him here). Best. Dog. Ever!!1!1
0 votes
Tommy Augustine June 7, 2022

my "Secret life of Tommy":

• I am a Combat Infantry Veteran
  • I love to storm spot locally and storm chase out in the plains
  • I can't smell and have an impaired sense of taste
  • I may or may not be above bribery if the reward is free lunch!

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 12.57.18 PM.pngMe_tor.JPG

0 votes
Hemal Vyas April 13, 2022

I like to play cricket

I have a cat named Kali

0 votes
Angi Brown March 9, 2022

I have so many- but my biggest is that I also stream my art on twitch. I love my little twitch family. Ellawhobird if anyone is interested! <3 Shameless, I know....

0 votes
Medhat Ahmed October 14, 2021

Nice to meet you all

0 votes
Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2021

I have a pet project in Jira where I try all new features. Recently I created an Insight database of all pieces of hardware in our organization with links to employees. Also I have organization structure, buildings, access cards, software licenses, etc. It is so much fun to do that. Maybe some day I will show this to bosses.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events