Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk Comments vs Software comments

Vanessa Becker September 6, 2021

In Service Desk you have an option to comment internally or to your customers.

When my automation kicks in where when a ticket transitioned to a certain status in Service Desk is created on Software and I Comment on the Software ticket - is there a way to choose if you want that comment added to internally or to your customers on the Service Desk side?

How do i setup this rule?

i.e

Ticket is created on Service Desk

Ticket is transitioned to certain status and rule kicks in

Ticket is created on Software

When you comment on the ticket on Software how can you set it up so that you can choose if you want to comment internally or to customers on your Service Desk side.

See attached fields i required in Software

2021-09-06_13-20-00.jpg

4 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker ,

In your automation rules you have an action called "Comment on issue"

For that action you can choose what type of comment it needs to be (comment visibility)

Of course this is only available for a JSD/JSM project as a Software project doesn't have external/customer comments.

image.png

0 votes
Alex Berenfeld September 22, 2021

Hi Vanessa,

Because JSM does not offer an option to change default, our team has created an app which 1) allows an agent to be prompted before sending a message to customers and 2) changes the default setting to respond internal rather than to customer if desired.  Within the app you can add rules based on specific projects, issue types and customize the message for the dialog.

DoubleCheck Marketplace Listing 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Alex

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

But she wants to do it in JSW.. not JSM.

If i understand correctly she wants to add a comment in JSW and it needs to become a customer/external comment on the JSM issue.

How would Doublecheck help in that case?

Alex Berenfeld September 27, 2021

Hi Dirk,

My apologies, I completely misread her post! Doublecheck unfortunately does not work JSW to JSM.

Alex

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker ,

Are you looking for comments made on the Software ticket to be synchronized back to the original JSM ticket as public comments (respond to customer)?

Vanessa Becker September 6, 2021

Yes correct thanks Laura

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021
0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2021

In Software you should see an option at the bottom of the comment to control visibility

by default it is ‘viewable by all users’ but its a dropdown that allows you to select a role or group that can only see the comnent.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events