Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of tickets

Vanessa Becker October 21, 2021

Hi admins!

How do I bulk migrate Jira Service Management Tickets to a  Jira Software backlog board?

Will I have to do this via a rule?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker

Search for all the items you want to move to the software project and then execute a bulk move action.

Take into account that if you want to retain all information in regards to fields , issue types or statuses, you will have to have the identical workflow, issue type and screen schemes on the Jira Software project.

The values of the custom fields will till be retained in the fields but then they are not visible on the Jira Software project until you add the desired fields to the screens of the Software project.

Data related to Component and Version will be lost as they are project bound.

If not, then on moving you will need to specify the new issue type, status. 

You can find more information here: Migrating issues

Best regards,

Marc

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

I guess there are no components or versions in JSM projects. Also the info to custom fields visibility is a kind of irrelevant here.

Also there is no need to make same statuses - they can be mapped to Jira Software project statuses on the last step of bulk move.

Anyway if it is one-off operation (e.g. boss told to close portal and use Jira Software) - it is a good solution. If it is just the case of adding tasks to developers using portal - I am 100% sure it should be done using a rule that will keep original request in place and create a copy in developers project. There are many pros of having a JSM for customers (e.g. for not paying for licenses) and having Jira Software for developers. My opinion is that only L2/L3 support should be agents in JSM.

Like Guy Thorsby likes this
1 vote
Production Management October 21, 2021

If you mean moving issues from Service Desk project to Software project, you can do it by Bulk Move.

Find all issues in Search, select ... and then Bulk change.

But you will need corresponding permission for both projects.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events