Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira RoadMap - Add Dates to display on the schedule

Dheeraj Segapalli November 15, 2021

In the Jira RoadMap view, let's say the epics have dates assigned . How do we display the start date and End Date on the default view. Currently it displays the time duration between the start and end dates but those dates are not shown on the default view

Any thoughts?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Johnny FromCanada November 15, 2021

Consider that looking so precisely at a roadmap could easily lead to dysfunction.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Dheeraj Segapalli 

I don't believe you can...currently. But if you hover one of the ends of the timeline, the dates pop up (as below)

dates.png

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the hover feature, but without hovering, is it possible to display it all the times, the start and end date, that way if you have to send a schedule in a presentation they are always visible.

this feature would help

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

Give the feedback to Atlassian.

Other option is switch to the Weeks view....again not exactly what you are after, but at least the days are marked across the top of the timeline.

Even Advanced Roadmaps doesn't provide this exact functionality, though you can add the relevant date fields into the views.

more d.png

@Curt Holley  

Yes, I was looking to have the dates as highlighted in the attached image. Weeks provide the week number, but not the exact start and end dates, Not a built in one, was looking if there was a way to achieve it.

Thanks 

Like Curt Holley likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2021

Only via Advanced roadmaps, which is a Jira Premium feature, so $$

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2021

I guess you could pull the data into a Confluence page or Jira Dashboard and set it up with the relevant fields as another viewing option for those that want to look.

Just a thought.

Like Dheeraj Segapalli likes this

Even with Advanced RoadMaps, that would give for start date and end date as separate columns, but not as labels over the schedule time frame. 

Where I am going is to leverage Jira to dynamically manage the schedule rather than traditional project scheduling tools, in which this is a standard feature.

sample.PNG

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events