Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hide a portal in the Service Desk

Hello.  I have two products. One will use all portal capabilities with the help desk.  The other one, folks just use the email capability and they don't go to the portal ever to enter a ticket or see anything. How can I hide that project from the portal? 

4 answers

2 votes

Hi @clare_lawson

Here is an option ->Help Article 

I found this to be the simplest option, Then only customers added by Agents and Admins to the Customer's role can use the portal. 

Like Victor Barros likes this

Hi @clare_lawson 

Please remove this option in the project permission - browse Permissions -

• Service Project Customer - Portal Access 

Once remove this option the project is not visible to anyone in the portal.

If you have any roles to the projects kindly remove those roles in the Browse permission. And add only the main users. So, they can only view the project in the portal. 

Hope this information is needful.

Thank you.

0 votes

Just a suggestion but...

The portal functionality (and the accompanying non-licenced-user-access mentioned above) is the main reason JSM licences are more expensive than (and distinct from) JWM\JSW ones. If you're not using it, I'd look at using one of the other types of projects for this?

Hi @clare_lawson 

Removing "The Service Management Customer - Portal Access" from the project permission scheme is not advisable. The way to allow users (or customers with restricted portal access) to only see the Service Management project(s) they are assigned to, is the following:
  1.  Create a Service Management Project (e.g. ProjectA)
  2.  Create a user (e.g. UserA)
  3.  Give UserA the 'Service Management Customers' Project Role for ProjectA (or any other Project Role, depending on your needs)
  4.  Go to Project Settings (lower left corner of the project settings page). In Customer Permissions select Customers added by agents or admins.
  5.  Now select 'Customers' in your project menu, and see that only the users that had a Project Role assigned in step #2 are in the list.

Hi!  Curious why is removing the scheme not advisable? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events