Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide a portal in the Service Desk

Clare Lawson September 13, 2022

Hello.  I have two products. One will use all portal capabilities with the help desk.  The other one, folks just use the email capability and they don't go to the portal ever to enter a ticket or see anything. How can I hide that project from the portal? 

5 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Jayme Vasquez September 13, 2022

Hi @Clare Lawson

Here is an option ->Help Article 

Ben Hurt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2022

I found this to be the simplest option, Then only customers added by Agents and Admins to the Customer's role can use the portal. 

Like Victor Barros likes this
0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Clare Lawson this is now possible without any of the previously mentioned workarounds. 

1. Go to your portal page.
  2. Click Customize near the right of the screen.
  3. Click Edit home page layout.
  4. Click the Eye icon on the project you want to hide.

That's it, the project will no longer be visible within the portal. 

0 votes
Mamatha Dharmavaram September 13, 2022

Hi @Clare Lawson 

Please remove this option in the project permission - browse Permissions -

• Service Project Customer - Portal Access 

Once remove this option the project is not visible to anyone in the portal.

If you have any roles to the projects kindly remove those roles in the Browse permission. And add only the main users. So, they can only view the project in the portal. 

Hope this information is needful.

Thank you.

0 votes
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2022

Just a suggestion but...

The portal functionality (and the accompanying non-licenced-user-access mentioned above) is the main reason JSM licences are more expensive than (and distinct from) JWM\JSW ones. If you're not using it, I'd look at using one of the other types of projects for this?

0 votes
Victor Barros September 13, 2022

Hi @Clare Lawson 

Removing "The Service Management Customer - Portal Access" from the project permission scheme is not advisable. The way to allow users (or customers with restricted portal access) to only see the Service Management project(s) they are assigned to, is the following:
  1.  Create a Service Management Project (e.g. ProjectA)
  2.  Create a user (e.g. UserA)
  3.  Give UserA the 'Service Management Customers' Project Role for ProjectA (or any other Project Role, depending on your needs)
  4.  Go to Project Settings (lower left corner of the project settings page). In Customer Permissions select Customers added by agents or admins.
  5.  Now select 'Customers' in your project menu, and see that only the users that had a Project Role assigned in step #2 are in the list.
Clare Lawson September 16, 2022

Hi!  Curious why is removing the scheme not advisable? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events