Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email tickets with Png attachments

Hi Admins!

My pictures are not attaching when I email an issue which is then created on our jira board if I attach a png file.

Only jpg attachments attach.

How do i fix this?

2 answers

Hi Vanessa - instead of answering your question, I don't even know that you can email ticket with an attachment.  What product are you doing this in?  Let me know if I can do this in Jira Software cloud product.

Hi @Sylvia Fong

You are able to do this in Jira Service Management as well as in Jira Cloud generally

A JSM project allows you to set 2 email addresses on per JSM project and link one single request type per JSM project. On email the 1 or 2 set email address(es), an issue will be created. See the link for documentation

JSM email setup 

In Jira you are able to create a custom mail server by default, see link for the documentation 

Jira mail server

I hope this information will help you on your way.

Cheers,

Marc

Hi @Vanessa Becker

I would raise an issue with Atlassian if this is happening on your instance.

I tried it on my instance and I'm not able to replicate the issue you are facing at the moment.

Kind regards,

Marc

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you