Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email tickets with Png attachments

Vanessa Becker November 3, 2021

Hi Admins!

My pictures are not attaching when I email an issue which is then created on our jira board if I attach a png file.

Only jpg attachments attach.

How do i fix this?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
S Fong November 8, 2021

Hi Vanessa - instead of answering your question, I don't even know that you can email ticket with an attachment.  What product are you doing this in?  Let me know if I can do this in Jira Software cloud product.

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2021

Hi @S Fong

You are able to do this in Jira Service Management as well as in Jira Cloud generally

A JSM project allows you to set 2 email addresses on per JSM project and link one single request type per JSM project. On email the 1 or 2 set email address(es), an issue will be created. See the link for documentation

JSM email setup 

In Jira you are able to create a custom mail server by default, see link for the documentation 

Jira mail server

I hope this information will help you on your way.

Cheers,

Marc

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker

I would raise an issue with Atlassian if this is happening on your instance.

I tried it on my instance and I'm not able to replicate the issue you are facing at the moment.

Kind regards,

Marc

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events