Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal

Vanessa Becker July 28, 2021

Hi guys!

I have setup our customer portal and added customers by following the below steps:

Click on Customer

Add Customer

But when I send them our portal link of our production servidedesk instance they can only see our two test servicedesk projects and not live project portal?

I am not sure how to fix this...

4 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

First, I would look at your permissions for the live project portal to ensure you have the roles setup for Service Deck Customers.

Thank you

My permissions are correct

See attached.

And all my customers have the customer role assigned to them?Customer permissions.jpg

@Kathi Paquet @Charnae Wall  is there anywhere else i can check?

Lewis Cook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker ,

You have checked your "Customer Permissions" page, if you scroll further down the project pane (on the left of the screen) to just "Permissions".

You need to confirm that "Browse Project" has the "Service Project Customer - Portal Access" listed against it and the project should then be visible on your portal.

The only other bit that could cause some confusion might be around creating the customer accounts. Ensure that you have used the "Customers" option on the main projects page rather than "People" within the project settings.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Lewis

0 votes
Rafael Tejero Palma July 29, 2021

Hi Vanessa.

I think it may be a role configuration issue in the project. Check in Project Settings -> People what are the user's roles (and membership groups) in each project.

Regards

Rafa.

0 votes
Claudio Gonzalez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2021

Hi Vanessa.

May be related to the other question, can you verified the "Browse Project" permission into scheme?. You need assign "service project customer - portal access" permission.

0 votes
Charnae Wall July 28, 2021

The only thing I can think of is that they were accidentally added to the test service desk and not the production one?  

Hi there

I double checked and they have been added to the production one.

Is there anything else I can check?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events