Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse Access for Contractors

Clare Lawson February 13, 2024

Hello. I have a group of contractors working on specific jira projects.  They would like to search a  project by member but I don't want them to be able to do it through all of JIRA.  If I give them Admin rights on a specific project, will that do it? I can't risk them having full JIRA admin access.  thanks!

Clare

8 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roger Hall February 13, 2024

Making them admins of the project only gives them project admin access, not full admin access to all of Jira. 

TY!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Madhuri Latha Bhumireddy February 13, 2024

Hi Clare,

You can add Contractor in people (in project settings )with administrator  role for particular project, hope this can work for you.

TY

3 votes
Evan Prince February 13, 2024

Hi Claire, help me understand why they need Admin access at all? And what do you mean by "search a project by member"? To do what?

2 votes
Coltin Rose February 13, 2024

I also don't believe they need to be admins either, they should be able to query so long as they have the browse permission to the projects in question.

1 vote
Radka Svobodova February 14, 2024

I do not think that for purpose "search project by member" need admin access. They just need to be in group with general permission browse users and issues and than browse access in the particular project, that will do it.Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 12.23.47.png

1 vote
Warren Kent February 13, 2024

There are a few ways of doing this.

The long winded route is to create a specific controlled group which can be assigned to multiple projects, that has specific roles/permissions assigned. This might be useful in the long run, should you have other contractors that may need similar requirements. 

Another way is to add this user to the project directly, that way limiting them to only that project when doing searches. Be mindful to what role you add them to. 

1 vote
Sonu Bhatia February 13, 2024

Hi Clare, you can add them to the specific Jira projects with the “Administration” role, which will give them project admin permissions for that project only and not across other projects in your organization. 

0 votes
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2024

Actually a new feature should be rolling out in the next few weeks that may fit your needs. I am going to directly paste from the info:

User access admin: this is a new role only available once you are migrated to the new experience management experience. User access admins have limited access to Atlassian Administration and are able to manage user access to the products they administer. They do not have billing permissions or other permissions of site admins.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events