Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recommended administrator tools?

Lynne Ratcliffe August 18, 2021

Hi all, quick question if I may?

I would love to do a tidy up of our Jira cloud instance but looking individually at all the settings and schemes and mapping them to individual projects will (I believe) take days of effort.  Therefore I am looking for a simple tool (or tools) to allow me to

1. See a matrix with a row for each project that shows me some of the information you would get on the summary page i.e. the issue types, Workflows Screens, fields and permissions. 
  2. See a comparison of the various schemes and indicate duplicates so perhaps I can reduce the number of individual schemes we have.

4 answers

4 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lorenzo Phillips
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2021

@Lynne Ratcliffe 

i also grew tired of al the manually counting. I liked Optimizer as others have mentioned but it didn’t go far enough for my needs. So I wrote my own apps to assist with my requirements. Maybe they can help you. 🤓 I welcome others to try them and you can send me your feedback, questions, etc. directly if you want—I welcome the interaction. 

Instance Auditor (Jira): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221932/instance-auditor-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Instance Auditor (Confluence): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222890/instance-auditor-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Venkat Patchigolla August 18, 2021

Hi @Lorenzo Phillips , Any plan to extend the plugins to an on-premise DC version especially confluence?

Like Tony Rossiter likes this
Lorenzo Phillips
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2021

@Venkat Patchigolla that is the #1 question I get lol. The answer is yes. I’m trying to see if Forge will be updated to have more than one adminPanel but may have to just built them with current tech since there seems to be a high demand for it on those platforms. I don’t have a firm date yet but it will be sooner rather than later. 😎

Like Venkat Patchigolla likes this

@Lorenzo Phillips , thanks I will take a look

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2021

Hi @Lynne Ratcliffe ,

For Jira Cloud there are rather no Admin Tools on the Marketplace. The only one there is, we use it as well is Optimizer for Jira.

This gives you most of the information you are stating, but not in the way you mention.

I would say to give this app a try, and see if it would fit your needs.

Cheers,

Marc

Thank you

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

I've used several over the years, often for different reasons, which has lead me into using tools which are not strictly aimed at just housekeeping, but give us good information on how to do it as a by-product.  Mostly it's actually migration tools that can help, as they do some analysis which can be used to inform housekeeping!

These include, but are not limited to, Project Configurator, Configuration manager, and Microscope.  The more house-keepy ones I've had success with are Power Admin and Optimizer.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Venkat Patchigolla August 18, 2021
Tony Rossiter August 18, 2021

+1 to optimizer.  Great tool for admins

Like Venkat Patchigolla likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events