cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Roles & Permissions, Advanced Permissions - lack of clarit

Sachin Desai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2024

The 2-line description of these 2 features (as they differentiate between free plan and the standard plan) say the following respectively. I understand that this means that adding a user to my project means that they automatically get admin permissions. But does this also mean that if I add a user to Project-A, they have access to Project-B in the same workspace?

Assign roles to different users, like administrator or end-user. Different permissions apply to users depending on their role. In the Free plan, every user is a project admin.

Permissions in Jira Software control whether users can create new projects to what users can do, see, and comment on within a project or issue. The Free plan doesn’t allow permission settings for projects or issues.

1 comment

Comment

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2024

Hello @Sachin Desai 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

In the Free plan you don't add users to specific projects. You grant them a license overall to the product (the Jira Software product, the Jira Service Management product, the Jira Work Management product). All users granted access to the Jira Software or Jira Work Management products have access to and are admins for all projects that are Software or Business/Work Management projects.

Reference this document:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/

What is the Free Jira Cloud plan?

Permissions, roles, and issue-level security

Project permissions, roles, and issue-level security aren't customizable in Jira Work Management and Software Free. If your site has always been on a Free plan, everyone with access to Jira Software is an admin for all Jira Software projects, and the same goes for Jira Work Management.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events